; 009

Yea —Your eyes jumped open, along with your body rising up

Yea —Your eyes jumped open, along with your body rising up. you had a night terror, which you had often. they'd be different but you'd always have the same feeling after and in your nightmare.

"are you alright y/n?" shinobu must of been passing by. she saw sweat dripping off your forehead. she had saw you like this before but you'd never say anything after that just. "yeah, im ok. just a stupid dream." she would just nod sadly.

since tanjiro had been doing his rehabilitation training, you would help him every now and then when you were bored. you started to think about tomioka. you hadn't spoken to him in about three days. so you decided you would after helping tanjiro and the others.

"tanjiro." you smiled at him. tanjiro was a cool kid, he was respectful and fun to be around. you hadn't noticed that tanjiro was paying attention to the way you were acting. "hey y/n!" he was focusing on his breathing while on the ground.

"how are you? answer honestly!" he scolded, slightly jokingly. Answer honestly? you thought that was weird of him to add one. "i'm good."

"i said answer honestly." he eyed you. you raised your eyebrow. "what do you mean?" you asked.

"i can smell sadness, or something weird. like a weird mixed emotion coming from you. it has always came from you, but it's stronger today!"

"hmm.." you acted confused. "we should train, tanjiro." you tried to get back on track. "not yet!"

"ugh, i'll answer your question later. let's train first." you made a weird face.

— i don't understand how i feel —

"ok, we're finished. i'm gonna go find Tomioka." you 'forgot' about what you promised tanjiro.

"no, not yet. answer my question!" he pouted. "what question?" you furrowed your eyebrows.  "how are you!" he sat down with his legs crossed and encouraged you to copy his actions.

which you hesitantly did. "i'm alright! i could be better..but i'm alright? i already answered this." you huffed. "shinobu told me you have been having bad dreams." your face went blank as soon as you heard that, tanjiro was used to your sudden expression changes.

"oh my god." you groaned, but your facial expression remained boring. "also, why does your facial expression always change?" he tried not to sound rude.

"i don't know." you blinked at him thinking a bit. tanjiro kept bugging you to open up but it just didn't seem to work. "what do you want to know so bad, tanjiro!?" you got mad at him as soon as you realized it was getting dark. "i want to help you! so try and explain how you feel.''

"i honestly have to clue what to tell you? do you want to know my past? or something?"

tanjiro shrugged. "Sure..im not sure. i'm sorry for bothering you, i just want to help.." he frowned. "my parents and family got burned alive along with a demon." you shrugged.

"i..im sorry for your los-"

"i don't care about them." you shrugged again. "nut thank you." tanjiro's mouth was slightly open as if he had no idea on what to say. "why don't you car-"

"i'm gonna go find tomioka now!" you quickly disappeared. "wait!" you didn't wait though.

— ? —

you were running to tomioka's mansion due to 'boredom' but you were actually concerned about him since you haven't spoke to him since the hashira meeting.

you stopped running as soon as you reached the place you were aiming for which was obviously Tomioka's front door. You knocked loudly. "wake up!"

the door opened soon after you knocked. there stood giyu. "hey, are you alright?" giyu was shocked when he saw you. "yes, why are you here?"

"to make sure your alright, duh." you felt that was obvious. giyu had recently had a discussion with shinobu that you didn't know about.

she told him some things about you that even you didn't know and now giyu was attempting to avoid you, and you were completely oblivious. he didn't make eye contact with you, he instead stared at your lower face. which you thought he was staring at your lips, which made you raise an eyebrow. "what are you looking at?.." you snapped at him. he jumped and looked at your eyes then looked away again.

you were thinking about saying 'do you wanna kiss me or something?' but that was far too embarrassing for your taste and not like you. so you just looked away. "i'll go now." you quickly said then ran away.

you felt like your face was on fire due to embarrassment, but you still held a blank expression. giyu was wondering why you were so embarrassed looking. he was so dumb. (that hurt to write kms)

— pretty shinobu —

you quickly walked back to the butterfly mansion wanting to die and regretting your decision to even go to giyus home.

as soon as you got closer, you overheard shinobu and tanjiro talking to each other. it was awfully late for that, but you decided to ease drop since you overheard your own name.

"are you..angry?" tanjiro hesitated to ask. shinobu gasped.

you were across them, hiding in a little corner of the mansion roof. "for some reason..I always pick up a scent of anger. even when you're smiling.."

whey were looking at each other, but then shinobu turned her head and looked down. "yes..you are correct. it may be that i'm constantly angry. my beloved older sister was slaughtered by a demon. i see the sorrowful tears of the others that have lost their loved ones in the same way. I hear their loud cries of despair..and each time I do, the anguish inside me..grows larger." her eyes were shut but they slowly opened.

"and in the inter-most depths of my soul, there's a hatred i can't fight off. i'm sure the other hashira feel something similar, but with their own eyes, they've now seen a demon that has never devoured a human. they can't deny her existence. due to the master's wishes, i don't believe anyone will raise a hand to nezuko.".. you listened carefully, trying your hardest attempt to not think about what she was saying too much.

"my sister was a kind-hearted person like you. she had sympathy for demons, even when she was on the brink of death, it didn't change. i couldn't bring myself to feel that way..to do so for something that's killed us?..i've never heard of such nonsense.." her voice shook with anger and sadness.

''but if that was how my sister truly felt. then I must carry it on. if there was a way, to not kill these pitiful demons. i have to keep trying to find it. by keeping the smile my sister said she loved....i have to..admit..i'm rather tired..demons do nothing but lie..they only fight to survive..murdering us..and doing all without a shred of humanity.-tanjiro..please do all you can. protect your sister until the end. knowing you're working hard on carrying out what I could not. it warms my heart. i can rest easy now." the wind blew her hair.

"you've stopped your total concentration breathing." She quickly disappeared after letting out a giggle. she landed beside you. "ease-dropper. let's rest."

-- --

woof bark, also I just wanted to say shinobu's voice actor is so talented