; 010

—The day after you ease-dropped on tanjiro and shinobu's conversation, they had a conversation directly about you

The day after you ease-dropped on tanjiro and shinobu's conversation, they had a conversation directly about you.

(the next day, what you didn't hear)

''i talked to y/n yesterday,,but she didn't really tell me anything,,sorry, kocho!" tanjiro bowed. "it's okay. i was just wondering if you could get anything out of her..she barely even opened up to my sister, and when my sister passed away..she became even more closed in..she's almost the opposite of me but still very similar. my sister thought she was gonna be like sanemi and muichro, but she really wasn't. i mean a little? not really sanemi though.." shinobu thought to herself for a moment.

"does she hate demons?" tanjiro questioned kocho. "no, not at all. even after kanae was killed she was upset but she didn't hate demons. i wonder what will have to happen for her to.." shinobu worriedly felt a big ball of concern for her.

"y/n has a complex personality,,—she takes out all her built up anger on demons when fighting, but no one knows where that anger comes from. I think it comes from her parents..she didn't really care when they died." shinobu looked sad, and tanjiro began to have the same look on his face. "okay, you should work on your concentration breathing again! you're doing so much better, tanjiro."

— closer to a full moon —

it had been a couple of days after you heard shinobu's conversation with tanjiro. today was the day tanjiro would leave. he had got his sword yesterday and had been practicing a ton. he was going on a mission with inosuke and zenitsu, but he also said the flame hashira, rengoku would be there.

"be careful." you and shinobu said in sync. "we will!" tanjiro spoke for inosuke and zenitsu. then they were gone. you looked at shinobu's expression, which wasn't a smile. unusual.

she looked back at you then gave you a not-fake smile. you returned the same one. "thank you shinobu. and kanae." you spoke like if kanae was there, and shinobu seemed taken aback by your thanks. "oh no! what makes you say that, y/n?" she seemed concerned. "nothing bad, i'm just thankful that kanae took me in..and that giyu saved me." you mumbled that last part, hoping shinobu wouldn't hear. but she did. "you totally like him, i give you permission to go around him again, you know."

"i know." You simply responded. "then why aren't you two hanging out?" you shrugged with a blank face. shinobu wasn't a lovey dovey person and she knew that you could tell when she loved you. she had her own ways of affection. so you had never heard her say I love you. kanae was the opposite. xhe'd always say I love you to each one of us when leaving or going out. you'd reply, your words weren't empty either. kanao would smile, as always. shinobu would reply. but she doesn't do that now, because you don't say love you. you found it awkward, and if you'd try now, it'd be even more awkward then possible.

you felt happy at the moment, which you had felt many times before. such as when you hung out with tomioka, or when you and shinobu would make fun of someone, or some other random memories.

it was normal to be happy around shinobu, because you saw her as a sister,, but why were you so happy around tomioka? was it because you were friends. But that was different. you felt a certain way when you were near mitsuri or your other hashira friends. but with tomioka you felt slightly nervous but more happy then nervous.

why?

— i'm sorry i didn't say i love you more —

"hi y/n!" the three girls greeted you. "hi naho, sumi and kiyo." you patted them all three on the head. they used to find you scary but now there used to you and you're used to them.

you walked into your room and sat down on your ass. "you have a mission!" A bird flew right through the window. your bird. "right when i sit down?" you glared at the bird even though it wasn't his fault.

"it's not my fault! CUH CAWK CAWH.. go to the town nara, there are 4 middle ranked demons. one may be a lower moon!" you nodded, feeling irritated.

you got up, and grabbed your sword then left. that was all you needed to fight. you felt lonely walking there, you were used to going on missions with others. (aka giyu)

it was quite far away so it took about 2 hours, but you talked to your crow and yourself the entire time. if someone didn't have your stamina and speed it would've most likely taken a day and a half.

you finally reached the town. you sighed, feeling tired. you would've waited until the next day but you couldn't risk the demons killing someone else.

you walked into the middle of the town and greeted people. people gave you strange looks and glared at you, you assumed it was because of your sword.

it was almost dark but wasn't yet, so you patiently sat down on the ground and waited with your eyes shut.

time went by but you noticed something appear near you, and when you opened your eyes quickly you saw that it was dark.

you jumped up and ran towards the strange presence, quickly finding what it was. you saw a demon feasting on a small child's arm. The child's eyes weren't there, just holes. which made you assume he was dead. you pulled your blade out and as soon as you did the demon turned it's head to you so fast it was creepy. (poor kid)

it was a weird looking demon, almost disturbing. "auWagaaahhhARRAAAGG.." the demon growled and quickly swallowed the boys arm. it began to run at you, and you dodged it holding your blade out. the demon ran into your blade, killing itself. "three more to go." you sighed.

you walked around, looking for more demons, not expecting to find the three fighting each other. the lower moon stood out and when she killed the others confirmed your suspicion.

it was a girl. she looked like a human, but she had tons of veins at her lips and below. her skin color was a dark blue, but she had human features. she had two eyes, as a anyone should and she had a sweet smile on her face. the veins were a light blue to match with her skin.

she looked at you with a smile. it was a gentle smile like the one kanae used to wear, but it had cruel intentions.

— —

h

(edited)