; 017

—''cuh cawk

''cuh cawk..! y/n is close to death.'' a bird attempted to find giyu, y/ns bird. since she knew they had feelings for each other. giyus eyes widened as well as tanjiro's. he was wrapped up in bandages and near a fire. ''where? tanjiro wait here.'' tanjiro had a rock in his throat but he still nodded.

giyu began to follow y/ns crow, worried. luckily wasn't too far away. he went up some stairs and into a run down room with holes in the floor. he saw y/n laying on her side and a pool of blood everywhere. ''shit.'' he whispered and ran over to her. she looked asleep but she wasn't dead. slowly bleeding out though. giyu took his bandages in his pocket and wrapped everything. he also stopped her bleeding. she wasn't even trying to stop the bleeding. giyu came up with the thought, did she do this to herself? shinobu had died probably upsetting y/n plus she was stronger then to die to a weak demon. ''we need you to fight still.'' giyu scrunched his eyebrows up, and y/n thought she heard someone speak. ''gi..''

''dont speak.'' y/n followed as said while being picked up carefully. giyu took her back to where he and tanjiro fought akaza. he then helped fix everything else that was fatal. the holes in her stomach couldn't be fixed currently so it'd be best she didn't fight. how would she fight with one arm?

— thank you for 240 reads (future me editing) —

a little bit of time passed, and she finally woke up. she didnt even say anything. ''y/n! are you alright?'' tanjiro jumped over to her to make sure shes ok. giyu sat there and stared at her. ''who did you fight?''

''im ok, i dont even know what rank. something to do with nakime. oh, and she was my sister.'' y/n blankly looked at the ground. ''your sister died?''

(pov change sorry)

''you never found her.'' giyu nodded as he remembered that was true. he wasn't really looking you in the eye. was he mad? why would he be mad? ''are you mad?'' you looked at giyu and poked him. ''can you move? try getting up.'' he ignored your question which irritated you. you stood up but you almost fell a little. tanjiro helping you. ''thank you..''

''you have a mark..'' you pointed to giyus cheek. ''you do too..'' tanjiro smiled. ''really?'' you felt your cheek with your hand but only felt scratches. ''i'm ready to fight.''

''you're in worse condition then us, you shouldn't fight l/n!'' you nodded, aware. ''all i need is my left arm.'' you ignored tanjiros complaints and the face giyu was making. ''also, my last name is kocho.'' the two seemed surprised at the sudden update. what had happened in that destroyed room? and randomly giyu thought of y/n tomioka. ??????????????? what the hell???

why is he thinking that? yeah right, like you love him back. it doesn't even matter right now. giyu wanted to slap himself to space for randomly thinking about such things. a crow came flying, 'again?' giyu thought. ''y/n kocho, if you would like to help fight upper moon 1 then follow me, if not then you will fight muzan.''

''she isn't fighting.'' giyu glared at the bird, making it squeak. ''tomioka, i am.''

''why are you using my last name?'' giyu was being rather cold and rude. ''whats your problem?'' you return his attitude. tanjiro just sat behind you two and prayed for you both to stop arguing. ''im gonna fight upper -''

''no..'' giyu grabbed your wrist as you stood up. ''you're staying with me so i can make sure you don't die.''

'huh? is giyu attached to her?' tanjiro thought and let out a small laugh. giyu glared at him. ''what? why are you acting so weird...'' he didn't respond, he instead held onto your arm until you agreed. tanjiro and giyu then began running behind the crow at full speed, you followed along. ''muichiro tokito and genya shinazugawa have died. upper moon 1 was defeated by sanemi shinazugawa, muichiro tokito, gyomei himejima, genya shinazugawa.'' you looked down sadly as you heard tanjiros sobs.

— giyu hadn't told you he had been punched in the stomach by upper moon 3 —

the hashira were now trying to gather up, but that was interrupted when there he was. muzan. you all three were running but he appeared. giyu quickly got in front of you and tanjiro. he had long white hair and a interesting appearance. (HES SO FUCKING HOT ONMG IM) tanjiro's breathing became heavy. ''calm down, tanjiro.'' giyu warned him.

''you're so persistent. i'm getting sick and tired of you all. and im loosing my patience. you're always yapping about avenging your friends, family, or whatever.''

''isn't it enough that you're still alive?''

you stood there shocked, along with the other two. ''so what if i killed your loved ones, consider yourself lucky and carry on with your lives.'' it was fine when my family died, but others suffer like tanjiro and giyu. and then you take kanae and shinobu..

''think of it as they simply met with a natural disaster. earthquake, flood, wind, volcano. you don't seek revenge on them. theres no need to make it more complicated, besides the dead will never return. let go of your grudges. live a normal life. thats what most people do, so why dont you? theres only one reason. because demon slayers are abnormal. im done dealing with it. i just want this to end.''

suddenly, tanjiros eyes changed.

-- --

(edited)