𝐗𝐋𝐕

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙁𝙊𝙍𝙏𝙔 𝙁𝙄𝙑𝙀ミ★ ( something wicked, act three ) ★彡

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙁𝙊𝙍𝙏𝙔 𝙁𝙄𝙑𝙀
ミ★ ( something wicked, act three ) ★彡

A death of a loved one never gets easier. Rhea had unfortunately learnt that the hard way over the last two years. She first learnt the feeling of grief and mourning when she was eight after the death of her grandma. Grandma Lockwood was her favourite person besides Tyler growing up. The three of them did everything together and Rhea always ran to her when she was sad or she didn't want to be at home when her parents were fighting. Like most people, she got old and more frail, and because she was more frail, she got sicker. When she died, Rhea cried herself to sleep for a week straight.

After a while, she was still upset from losing her best friend to old age but as time went on, she stopped crying and instead looked back on memories with a fond smile. Grandma Lockwood wouldn't want her to be sad anyway.

When her dad died, Rhea felt indifferent. She wasn't exactly distraught over his death considering their history together, but, he was still her dad, and there was still a small piece of her that loved him and was torn up over his death.

Then came uncle Mason. Rhea wasn't exactly close with him since he was always absent from her life growing up, usually going five to ten years in between visits. She had learnt about the supernatural at that point and even though his death wasn't caused by natural causes and he was murdered, Rhea couldn't be upset knowing he had done it to himself. He had pushed the wrong person's buttons and picked a fight with someone stronger and angrier than him. While she wasn't exactly happy to hear that Damon Salvatore killed him, it was unfortunately how the food chain of life worked.

When her mom died, that's when Rhea really felt the emotion of grief again like when she had lost her grandma. Carol and Rhea didn't necessarily have the best relationship growing up, but, at the end of the day it was still the woman that had given birth to her. Carol was working on building a better bond with her children, and it was working up until other things had gotten in the way and they unfortunately drifted apart.

Rhea was sure that Elijah had experienced loss and grief on a much more larger scale than she had in his lifetime—given that he was over a thousand years old—and learned how to process it a lot more internally than she did. From their time together, Elijah had lost both his parents—again—and his brother, Finn. Elijah wasn't exactly close with Finn since he was daggered in a coffin by Klaus for nine hundred years, but she could tell he was still torn up about it because he was halfway across the world and couldn't stop Elena Gilbert and her friends from killing his brother.

When he thought he lost Klaus, the only thought he had on his mind was that his death was going to take the one person he cared most about in the world. Even when it came to be that Klaus was not really dead—only having body jumped to save his skin—he felt as if he had lost Rhea when she turned her humanity off. Maybe it was selfish to think that way, but, it was all he could focus on in the cellars of the Lockwood estate, even when he was comforting a crying Caroline, his mind was only on Rhea.