Chapter 3

Jessi

I sit in the restaurant waiting for the man. I had finally decided to take the job yesterday and no, I didn't tell Jim about it.  I don't want him to worry about anything. I'm the eldest and it's my job to provide for him.

I've been waiting in the restaurant for half an hour. Xavier said I should hold up the card. Apparently, if he sees it, he'll recognize it.

I wonder why I'm even here. This could be kidnapping, human trafficking and the list goes on but the money is too much to turn down. I had already created a budget for the money

$1,000,000

1. Change Jim's wardrobe
2. Get him a new phone
3. Pay the bills
4. Pay our debts
5. Pay the rent
6. Fix the leaking ceiling
7. Get a new bed for Jim
8. Invest and save in case he doesn't get the scholarship

A soothing deep voice interrupted my thoughts. "Are you Miss Smith?" I look up to find a handsome man, probably in his early 20's. He had emotionless brown eyes. His messy light brown hair fell on his face. He had pale skin and thin lips. His stare was piercing despite the fact that how eyes held no emotion.

I nodded recovering from my shock. He sits opposite me and crosses his legs. His straight long legs. "Andrew" he said.

"Nice to meet you sir"

***
After about 50 minutes of discussing the job requirements and asking some personal questions, we finally shake on it and agree on a day to start.

"I'm looking forward to working with you." He says and I give a polite smile.

"Do you mind if I ask some questions, sir"

"Go ahead"

"What do I call you? You are going to be my student so I can't keep addressing you officially."

He let out a small chuckle, "You can call me Andrew"

I nod satisfied with his answer. "If you don't mind, why do you want to learn how to or bake?"

He paused for some time before replying. "Someone very dear to me wanted me to learn"

I nod in understanding before checking the time. Jim will be home soon and I don't want him to get worried. I stand up and so does Andrew. We exchange numbers and go our separate ways.

As I walk back home, I decide not to tell Jim, so he wouldn't worry.

***
Another really short chapter. The length of the chapters all depends on inspiration. I hope the chapters get longer as we go on.

Thanks y'all for reading

Please vote. I heard a fairy would grant you a wish if you press that cute little star button below🤪

Comment your ideas or opinions.

Share

Follow

Love y'all
_Adeola♾️

GTKM: Get To Know Me

My favourite colour:

Black

What's yours?

SIR: Song I Recommend

Money - Lisa