Chapter 19

Jessi

Friday, 1 o'clock

The day I've been dreading finally came.

It's Friday and Jayden just left for work after helping me pick out an outfit and going through our "supposed love story" of how we met and all that.

We decided to go with the truth. He was looking for a baker and then he hired me. I worked with him for some months and then we fell in love, simple.

If he asks why we were living together, the answer is simply that Andr... Jayden is overprotective and wants me to always be by his side.

Oh and finally, I am not to know him as Andrew.

The plan is set. I just have to make sure it doesn't falters or I don't mess it up.

I sigh as I make my way to the kitchen, probably to bake something I could take Mr. Carter and just so I could ease my stress.

***

This is it.

The house Andrew grew up in.

I stare at it in amazement. When I first saw Andrew's house, I thought was huge. But this... this is ginormous.

Andrew slightly tapped my shoulder, pulling me out of my thoughts. I sigh and did a quick check of my outfit.

I'm wearing a simple red gown that matches with the red shirt Andrew is putting on.

I put my hair into a messy bun with some strands dangling on my face. My infinity earrings were in check. Pink lipgloss, mascara and some blush was the only make-up evident on my face.

I gathered courage and walked into the huuuuge house with Andrew by my side in the red heels he chose for me.

I just hope the day goes as planned.

(JESSI'S DRESS)

The inside looks just as grand as the outside.  The furnitures were old but classy. The entire house gave of a royal expensive vibe, if I'm not exaggerating.

We were welcomed in by the butler whose name I didn't remember. He was an old man with a Scottish accent.

Mr. Carter, Jayden's father looks older than I expected. His hair had little strands of grey. His face also had evident wrinkles.

When he saw us, he stared at Jayden for some time, without blinking. I almost thought something was wrong but then his facial expression changed to that of slight anger, and then disappointment.

Then he looked at me.

"You must be Jessica! Welcome. I've been waiting to see you" his words were warm but his voice was bland, with no emotion whatsoever.

I smiled slightly. "It's nice to meet you, sir"

Jayden decided to show me around his house, while his father headed to his study and wasn't going to come out until dinner is ready.

The mansion was bigger than I thought. It had literally everything. A gym, a painting room, apparently Jay's mother liked to paint. He also showed me some of her works.

They were all so beautiful but the one I got drawn to was a painting of a girl about 5 years old with Jayden's eyes. She had the same hair colour as he did.

According to Jayden, it was his mother's dream daughter.

The house also had a library. A huge one. A garden full of perfectly grown flowers. A ball room. A dining room. A movie room. Literally everything.

***

It's dinner time. The dining table is full of various kinds of food. I don't think I've ever seen this much food in the past 5 years.

Jayden's father sat at the head of the table. There was an empty chair on his right. Jayden sat at his left and I sat beside him.

So far, dinner was good. I didn't eat too much, neither did I eat too little. Mr Carter asked me a bunch of questions like "How did we meet?", "What I did as my job?", "My family" and so on.

Throughout the dinner, Jayden only nodded, or said words with one syllable.

Now, dinner was almost over and the table was still filled with enough food that could feed about 17 people.

"I'm going to ask you one last question. Why do you love my son?"

Love! Why do I love Jayden?

Do I love Jayden? Have I even ever been in love?

***
Chapter 19✓
Thanks for reading
Please vote and share