Chapter 8

Jessi

I sigh as Andrew drives into the airport. The atmosphere in the car is tense. I haven't raised my head up for the past fifteen minutes and my neck is starting to ache. Needless to say, I need to get out of this car.

When he parks, I finally get the courage to look at him. I silently mumble a thanks but he definitely heard me because he nods.

I give him a small smile and hop out the car. I bring out my phone and call Theo.

"Where are you?!"

"At the airport" he says in a bored 'duh' tone.

"Okay, that's it. I'm leaving."

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. You are at the entrance right? Just don't move, I'll find you"

I nod despite the fact that he can't see me, and hang up. 

One minute

Two minutes

Three mi...

"There you are. I looked all over for you."

"You looked all over in three minutes"

He shrugs and puts his hand around my shoulder. I help him with one of his bags. I bring my phone that I shoved into my bag and order an Uber.

"Oh, no need for an Uber. Dad sent a car"

And just as he said that I spot a black car with a driver signaling us to come over.

***
"Saturday by 10, I'll pick you up" Theo says as I enter a taxi to go home.

We had arrived at his father's house and even had dinner. He had helped me find a taxi and even paid for me.

I nod in agreement with our hanging out plan.

***
I fall on my uncomfortable rock hard bed.

9:30. The clock says.

Argh. I change into pyjamas, not bothering to take a shower. As soon as I lay back on the bed, I receive a text from Theo.

'Have a good night rest. Don't let the bed bugs bite😘'

I smile after reading the text for the fourth time.

Wanna know a little secret?!

I have a crush on Theo.

We've been best friends since forever. Our parents were friends. Theo's family helped with the burial of our parents.

He stood by me during my worst moments and helped me through it. He saved my life.

I'm not sure if it's admiration, gratitude or love I actually feel for him.

I sigh and drop a message for Jim before I fall asleep.

****

SIR: Photograph - Ed Sheeran

_Adeola♾️