Chapter 12

Jessi

"My parents died in a car crash on the 1st of September, 2018. Earlier that day, they had dropped my brother and I off at school, telling us they were off to see the son of their long lost friend who had died about a week ago."

I pause in my story as I blink back the tears that threatened to fall. I always felt emotional whenever I was talking about my parents. But then again, who wouldn't?!

"Around 8 that night" I continued. " I was called from home that my parents were killed in a car crash. They died before the ambulance got to the scene. Their car was hit by another car with a drunk driver in it."

I pause again taking a deep breath. I couldn't look up at Andrew but I could feel his eyes on me.

"The person who murdered my parents went scot free. I used up all my savings to hire a lawyer but all my efforts were in vain. Apparently, the driver was from a rich family and they easily paid their way out"

By this time, I couldn't stop the tears from falling. I really felt helpless.

" I was advised to drop all charges because I couldn't afford to go against such a powerful person. I've spent the last few years working multiple jobs just to save enough money to reopen the case but all my efforts were in vain.

Since you offered to help me, I figured I shouldn't waste this opportunity. You seem to be very well off and I thought you might have connections. But you don't have to do it, if you don't want to. I know it's a lot to ask..."

"I'll do it. I'll try my best" he says. I look up at him. His eyes never left me since I started talking.

"Really?" I say, my voice barely a whisper.

He nods. I don't know what entered me at that moment but the next moment, I was in his arms, hugging him.

The moment I realized what I just did, I froze. I gently removed my hands from his neck where I had gripped it. Silently, I return to my seat. I'm sure my face was completely red. I felt so embarrassed.

"Jessica" My heart skiped a beat as he called my name

"Jessica" I shut my eyes tight. How I wish this was just a dream.

"Why are you so shy now? You didn't seem shy when you hugged me." I could imagine the stupid smirk on his face.

" You've definitely been dreaming about hugging me, haven't you? You really seem to jump at the opportunity"

I got annoyed. I might have gone too far by hugging him. It's not like he has any sort of feelings for me but I didn't like the way he was making me seem like a whore.

I gather my shit together and look up at him. With a little smirk on my face, I say " It's just a little hug, isn't it? Why are you making it such a big deal?! It's not like you've never been hugged before."

The tip of his ears slightly turn red. I grin inwardly. My plan is working. " Oh wait, you really haven't ever been hugged by a girl. Not to talk about kissing or even going further. I doubt you've ever even been I'm a relationship. Have you?!"

His ears flush deeper. Suddenly he stands up.

"Time for bed. We have somewhere to go in the morning."

I laugh at his silly excuse to stop the discussion. We both walk towards our bedroom which is opposite each other.

I'm about to open the door when he says. "I'm sorry about what happened to your parents"

I try to smile. " Don't be it's not like you are the one who killed them." I give a little laugh and he smiles.

" Good night, Jessi" he calls out as I shut the door.

***
Chapter 12 ✓

Thanks for reading : )

SIR : Bridgert'n by Ayrra Star