Chapter 27

Jessica

Yah! Jay's coming home tommorow. Not that I'm supper excited or anything, it'll just feel nice to not be home alone.

Did I just say home? I'm really going mad. Of course this is Jay's house not mine and I'm definitely going to stop living here the moment he...

Wait a second, When exactly am I going to stop? We never mentioned that when we made up the entire thing. I make a mental note to ask him when he comes back to HIS house.

Speaking about him coming home, I better clean the house up to welcome him back to HIS house.

I grab my phone and my ear pods and play a BlackPink album. I also take a broom, mop, and an old towel. I start cleaning from  the kitchen.

______________________________________________

It takes me about forty minutes to finish cleaning the kitchen. Considering how many rooms Jay has in his house, I would never be able to finish it with these tiny hands of mine.

That's when I decide to only clean the rooms we frequently use. I grab a paper and a pen and begin to write it down.

ROOMS TO CLEAN BEFORE JAYDEN GETS BACK

Kitchen
Parlour
Library
His study
Toilets
His room (if it's open :)
My room
Dining room

After writing out my new goal, I start cleaning.

______________________________________________

Kitchen✓
Parlour ✓
Library✓
His study
Toilets✓
His room
My room
Dining room✓

Only three rooms more. I decide to check if he's room is open so I can cross it out.

I stare at the door that leads into his room. Last time I was here, I found out that Andrew was Jayden.

Speaking about that, I just realised how I easily adapted to the fact that I was living with the most wanted man in the planet. And also how I easily call him 'Jayden' not 'Andrew'.

Slowly, I open the door. Surprisingly, it wasn't locked.

His room wasn't messed up, just like I expected. I decided to only change the sheets, arrange the books on his table, sweep and mop the floors.

Getting to work, I take off the old sheets and spread a new one. Then I head towards the table and I start arranging the books and files there.

I spot a brown envelope that has my parents name on it. Out of curiosity, I take it  and open it.

The first file I pull out happens to be about my dad. His parents, his birth, his childhood, his education and all.

The second one is the same thing but about my mom.

The third one was a detailed article about how the accident happened.

The last one was information on the killer. The information of the amount of money  that was paid to the press, judges and police force inorder to remain silent.

I stare at the paper in my hand. What made me shocked wasn't the fact that they paid such a huge amount of money but that the money was paid by Jayden's father.