Chapter 23

Jessi

The sunset

In my opinion is the most beautiful thing on earth.

A cliche scene in a romantic story.

The sky has turned a beautiful shade of pink, purple, orange and red.

A few minutes ago, I agreed to Jayden's wish . We were currently on the roof of his huge house and I was totally blown away by the beauty of nature.

The soft wind blowed quietly around. I sat on the mat laid down and absorb the beauty.

Slowly, the sky began to turn into a dark shade of blue. The little stars appear and begin to twinkle. The sun was replaced by it's lover, the moon.

The atmosphere was calm and refreshing. I was glad I agreed to this wish of his. "It's beautiful, isn't it?" I say. "No one really stops  to appreciate the one of a kind beauty of nature"

Jayden, who is sitting beside me hums. " It is indeed really beautiful"

I smile and then I look at him.

He wasn't looking at the sky like I was

Instead, he was looking at me!

****
Jayden

I smile as I tuck her in. Whether I like it or not, I realised that I have started developing some weird kind of feelings for her.

I don't know exactly what it isbut I've chose to embrace it while it lasts.

I smile again as I listen to her quiet snores. Placing a kiss on her forehead, "Good night Jessi" I whispered.

After taking a long relaxing bath, I hop on my bed hoping to get some sleep. Not so surprisingly, the image of a girl appears in my head.

I keep reminiscing how beautiful she looked when the moon beamed on her skin. How the wind gently blew her soft locks. How her eyes shone when she saw the sky. To me, she was an angel.

She came into my life in the most unexpected way ever. And now she's someone I feel something really deep for.

I tend to smile a lot more around her. My heart flutters, leaps, jumps and sometimes even summersaults because of her. That's the kind of effect she has on me.

I usually wouldn't welcome this kind of feeling but with her, I couldn't even shake it off.

Is this love?

I don't know. All I knew was that whatever it was, I hoped she was feeling it too.