Chapter 36

Jessi

Oh My Gosh! I can not believe I just did that. I fucking can not believe I just did that. What was I thinking?

While I was cursing myself in my head, Jayden just stared at me. His eyes did not leave my face, not even for a second. And for the first time I couldn't see any emotion in his eyes.
Or maybe it's just that he was feeling so many things at one that I couldn't figure them out.

He suddenly pulled me into a hug. He didn't say anything so I still didn't know what he was feeling. I just stayed numb in his arms as I couldn't bring myself to hug him back.

When he finally released me from the weird hug, we decided to head to bed. He still hasn't said anything to me and I didn't want to push it.

He followed me to my room and we stood in front of the door awkwardly. I was waiting for him to at least say something. Even if it's just one word.

I lost hope, however, after about five minutes. I whispered a small good night to him before heading in. But before I shut the door, I could swear I heard him mutter a good night back.

.

.

.

Another one week had passed and Jayden and I still haven't talked about what happened. Though, we had small talk over meals and all.
His silence made my thoughts go wild. Maybe it's because he resumed work and had to leave every morning. Or maybe he didn't like me. I would like to believe it's the former.

A knock at the door brought me out of my thoughts. Jayden has the key to his own house so I don't expect him to be knocking.

As I walked towards the door to check who it was, I received a call from Jayden.

"Jessi?"

"Yeah! Are you expecting anyone?"

"As a matter of fact, I am."

I opened the door for Jayden's guests and I was met with a black haired man with blue eyes.

"Good morning ma'am. We were hired by your boyfriend to dress you up for tonight."

What?! My boyfriend?! Tonight?! Dress me up?!
What the hell is going on?

I heard a vibration from my phone and I picked up his call.

"Jeez Jess, don't you know it's rude to hang up on people like that?"

His voice had a hint of amusement. I wasn't even aware that I had cut the call.

I didn't have the decency to apologize, however, because I was still wondering what the man in front of me was saying.

"Jay! Some people are here for you. They said something about a boyfriend, dressing up and tonight! Do you have anything to do with it?"

"Yeah! I hired them. They are to dress you up for our outing tonight."

"Our outing? Where are we going to? Why didn't you tell me before?"

He seemed to be enjoying my confusion because the amusement in his voice never left. "I'm sorry. It must have slipped my mind"

I sighed. "I guess I have to get ready now."

"Yeah! Nick will stop by to pick you at 7 sharp."

I gulped and nodded, even though he couldn't see me. I then hung up and faced the people still waiting outside.

I let them in and mentally got myself prepared.