Chapter 33

Jessi

As I walked through the front door, I heard no sound. But I smelt something burning. I quickly walked to the kitchen and... There he was.

He was sitting on the kitchen counter. As I saw him, I realised he was doing way worse than I had imagined.

I remember the first time I saw his eyes, it was so bright and so beautiful but now, they seemed dull. His always smooth face now had strands of hair on it. His lips were chapped. His hair was scattered and his clothes were disheveled.

I had to look away because it hurts me so much to see him in this state. And the worst part was that, he hadn't even noticed my presence. He was so lost in thought.

I sighed and walked closer to him. I called out his name. Once, twice, until he answered.

He looked. I couldn't tell what exactly he was looking at because his eyes were unfocused, but I could tell he was looking at me.

I called out his name again and he stared at me, like he really saw me.

"Jessi" He whispered. So softly that I wasn't supposed to hear. But I did.

I went closer to him and he looked like he still hadn't gotten over his shock.

The smell of whatever was burning in the oven became worse and I went to off it. When I turned back to look at him, he had gotten off the counter.

He slowly came closer to me as if he was afraid of me disappearing into thin air. He slowly placed his hand on my cheek . I could hardly even feel his hand there

"You're here. You're real."

I placed my hand on his and I whispered back. "I am"

Suddenly, he pulled me into a hug. My eyes became full of unshed tears. I could feel his back slowly shaking, meaning he was crying.

I hugged him harder and I slowly tapped his back. We stayed in that position for a while as neither of us wanted to let go.

.

.

.

We were now in the living room after throwing out the unfortunate cake that Jayden tried to make.

Jayden hadn't let go of my hand ever since we separated from our hug but at least he had stopped crying.

"Jess... I'm really sorry. I didn't..." He started but I cut him short. I didn't want to think about it now. I just wanted to spend quality time with him. I guess I really did miss him.

"Can we watch a movie?" He seemed shocked at my question but proceeded to turn on the television. He still didn't leave my hand, so I had to follow him as he walked towards it.

We decided to watch Princess Switch, which was my favourite Christmas movie. I've watched it countless times but Jayden hasn't even heard of the movie.

After watching the first movie, Jayden fell in love with it, just like I expected. Well, if he didn't have any bad comments after, it meant he liked it, right?

Anyway, we decided to bake some cookies to snack on when watching the second movie of the trilogy.
So, right now, we're in his kitchen, arguing on the amount of flour we should use.

"Three cups should be okay." I argued.

"I say we use four." His voice wasn't as broken as it was when I first came.

I have him a look. "I'm the Baker and you're my student. Doesn't that mean I'm always right?"

He smiled a bit. "It's just an additional cup. What difference will it make?"

"That's what I should ask you!"

After our argument, we decided to go with three cups. Jayden couldn't win an argument against me.

We began to sieve the flour. After sieving the flour, I turned to him, asking him to bring the butter and powdered sugar.

Instead of helping me, he took out his phone and snapped a picture of me.

I covered my face with my hand. "What d'you think you're doing?"

He laughed instead of replying and started to take a video. I lunged towards him, trying to grab his phone but I ended up pushing him to the ground and falling on him.

He smirked at me and I noticed his beautiful eyes had regained its brightness. I was glad. I tried to get off him but he smirked again and used his hand to hold me in place.

I then began to wiggle out if his grip. His firm hand still continued to hold me in place.

"Jess..." His voice sounded deeper and his pupils dilated. I wondered why, until I felt something hard poking my stomach.

I hurriedly stood up, he did too. He excused himself, telling me to go on with the cookies. However, my brain could only process one thing.

I made him hard!

.

.

.

.

Another chapter down! I sincerely apologize for my inconsistency. I've been so busy with my exams and haven't had any time to write.
Also, writer's block hasn't showed me any mercy!

Anyways, I hope you really enjoyed this chapter. Please vote and leave a comment.
XOXO
_Adeola❣️

PS. Who else has watched Princess Switch?
If you haven't, please check it out. It's my favourite Christmas movie.