Chapter 14

Jessi

Andrew was planning to give me a makeover. Apparently, I need to look the part. So right now, we are about to walk into one of his friends beauty salon.

The cool air from the air conditioner hit me, as I stepped in. The salon was huge. The ground floor, which I was currently in was a spa.

Many employees were attending to customers. The place emitted a calm, peaceful aura.

I watched in envy as one of the female customers was enjoying a foot massage. I looked down at my own poor overworked feet and sighed.

Andrew grabbed my hand and pulled me to follow him. We walked towards an elevator.

Andrew pushes the last button, which was taking us to a boutique.

As soon as we got off the elevator, a voice with a heavy British accent called out. " Oh! I've been waiting for you. " The man grabbed Andrew and pulled him into a manly hug.

"It's so nice to see you again, Ja..." He seemed to notice my presence and stopped. His eyes widened a bit before he came closer to me.

"You must be Jessica. Wow! You are such a piece of art." I laugh. I loved his accent.

"Please call me Jessi"

"Ah! Okay. Jessi, I'm Edward. Edward Kingsley"

"A classic English name" I giggle.

" I s'pose it is."

He placed his hand on my shoulder and began to guide me.

"I love your accent" I really did. I've never been this friendly with a guy I just met. Surprisingly, I'm not afraid to talk to him or let him touch me. I was a bit wary with Andrew at first but with Edward, I feel like I've known him forever.

He had warm hazel eyes that glinted with excitement. He smelt like pinecones. The good kind.

"Aww. Thanks. It always seems to charm both the guys and girls." I giggle. So, he was bisexual. No wonder I felt at peace with him.

"You are bisexual?!" I asked for confirmation.

"I guess you can say that. I mean, we have no control over who we fall in love with."

I nod. I realize that he just brought me to the center of the shop, with so many dresses surrounding us.

"Now, let's start with that make over"

****
I came out of the changing room, wearing a sleeveless red silky gown. There was a slit that went from my ankle to slightly above my knee. The dress was accompanied with a pair of gold heels.

If you are wondering, yes I know how to walk in heels. I owned a lot when I was little, before my parents died.

"Whoa, you look absolutely stunning" Ed commented.

I smiled. "Thanks Ed."

I looked at Andrew, expecting him to comment but nope, he didn't say anything.

"Do you like it?!"

"No"

"I like.. Wait, what! You don't like it"

He nodded and went back staring at his phone. "Look for something more formal."

****
I came out of the changing room for the tenth time. This time I was wearing a black off-shoulder dress. It stopped at my knee.

I walked tiredly towards the men who were waiting for me.

"What do you think about this one?"

Andrew stared at me. "It's perfect. You look great Jessi."

As soon as he said those words, all form of tiredness in me vanished. I smiled at him.

He got up. " Pack this dress with the few other ones I have chosen. Also pack some casual clothes like jeans, tank tops and oversized sweaters or hoodies. A few skirts too, make sure it isn't too short. Pick some shoes too. Sneakers and flats mostly. Simple accessories, nothing too fancy. Maybe some pyjamas and night gowns. Oh! And pack the first dress she wore. Also in other colours. I have to leave now."

Edward nodded, taking in all the information Andrew had just given him. I quickly go to change out of the dress I was wearing. When did Andrew know all the things I like wearing?

When I came out of the changing room in my own clothes, I noticed Andrew and Ed were at a corner, talking. Ed's hand was on  his shoulder in a comforting way.

I walked closer to them. When they noticed me, they composed themselves as if nothing was wrong.

Weird.

****
Chapter 14✓
I'm really not satisfied with this chapter. I might write it again, so don't fret

GTKM: My future ambition is to be a model, a writer, a lawyer, an influencer, a singer, and more.

We only have one life. Let's live it to the fullest.

SIR: Million to one by Camila Cabello
It gives me inspiration