Chapter 28

Jayden

That was officially the worst business trip I've ever been on.
Aside from the fact it was as stressful as hell. I couldn't concentrate.
I kept thinking about Jessica all through. I can't wait to tell her just to get it off my chest. But I feel so guilty that I don't think I'll be able to say anything.

Why does my life my have to be so messed up?

With all these things happening, I've realized the true meaning of this weird feeling, weird attraction that I've been having towards her.  I love her. Yes, I love Jessica. But I don't think I can ever tell her. I don't think I even deserve to love her.

Argh! What a messed up life

______________________________________________

Jessi wasn't waiting for me unlike last time. It broke my already shattered heart. I walked into the house but it was as silent as a graveyard. I spotted a note on the kitchen counter.

Picking it up, I silently prayed it was just a note saying she went to get groceries or something. It wasn't though. It was headed;

ROOMS TO CLEAN BEFORE JAYDEN...

I didn't even finish reading it before sighing in relief knowing it wasn't relevant. I felt touched though that she would put so much effort in welcoming me. But where is she?

"Jessi!" No reply.
"Jessica!!" No reply

I checked her room, the door was opened, her bed laid, her belongings were still intact. Does that mean she didn't leave?

I start getting scared with each passing moment. I get my phone and dial her number. She didn't pick up.

I proceed to my room. When I met the door wide open, I knew something was extremely wrong. My sheets were changed which means she had come here. On my table, however, papers were placed on it.
Papers that had not been there before.
Papers that were kept in a brown envelope.

I just realised that the worst had happened. I'm doomed.

And that's when I collapse on the floor, crying my eyes out.

____________________________________________

Hey YOU!

Honestly, I feel really bad that Jayden and Jessica has to go through all this😩
Why did I even come up with such a sad storyline.

Anyways, I hope you are enjoying the book so far. Please vote and leave comments.

Thank you for reading
_Adeola