Chapter 37

Jessi

I stared at myself in the mirror and I couldn't form words. Was that really me? I really couldn't believe it.

I was dressed in a simple black dress with a squared neck and a thigh high slit. It was simple yet elegant.

The guy, whose name is Alan, and his crew made me wear simple black heels and let my hair down in loose curls. I haven't looked so pretty before.

When it was 7:00, Nick came to pick me as promised. We made small talk on the way and guess what... He still offered me coffee and doughnut.

We arrived at a really fancy restaurant at exactly 7:15, where I saw Jayden standing patiently with a bouquet in his hand.

He was wearing a black turtle neck with a black blazer and pants. He walked towards me as I got out of the car.

“Hey gorgeous!" He said as he handed me the bouquet and placed a kiss on my cheek. My cheeks heated up and he smirked at that. He then took my hand and led me towards a small building.

The outer walls were painted white and it was surrounded by a beautiful garden. There was a small writing on the wall next to the front door. It read: Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.

I gasped as I read it out loud. It was a line from Wuthering Heights, one of my favourite classics. I looked at him, waiting for him to explain.

“The house belonged to mother. She and my father used to come here whenever they wanted to get away." His eyes were sad. “But after her death, my father couldn't find it in him to come back here. It has been deserted for years, until now."

"Wuthering Heights was also her favourite book. I remember how she would read those lines to me and tell me to find the one I share souls with." He chuckled but his eyes were sad. I could tell he missed her.

Come to think of it, he hardly ever talked about his mother. It gave me a weird kind of happiness knowing his mother and I have something in common.

He grabbed my hand, bringing me out of my thoughts and led me inside.

The inner walls were also white. There was a small living room with many books on the shelves, a fireplace and a small television.

I looked to the other side and found a kitchen as well as a dining and a small bedroom. The house was the perfect definition of cosy.

Jayden led me to the dining where dozens of food were displayed on the table. Grilled chicken, potato, and salad.

I stared at him in awe. Did he cook all these?

As if he read my mind, he said "Yes, I did" with a smug look on his face.

He looked so cute that I couldn't help but lean up and gently ruffle his gelled back hair.

As I was about to remove my hand, he held it in place and pulled me closer by my waist. There was hardly any space between us.

"You messed up my hair!" His voice was deeper and his eyes became darker. His hot breath on my skin made me shiver with pleasure. I've never desired anyone like this before.

He was staring at my lips and it made me self conscious, so I bit it. It turns out that wasn't a good idea because he let out a groan, as if I was torturing him.

Our heads were pressed together and our eyes were closed. We were both trying to control the growing desire inside us.

After some minutes of standing in that same position, he led me to my sit and he sat right next to me.

We had a lovely dinner and I have to admit, he was good at cooking. We had small talk till we finished.

As he took our plates away, I sighed in happiness. I haven't been this satisfied and happy with life before