Chapter 34

Jessi

A week had passed and Jayden and I haven't stepped out of his house. All we did was watch movies, bake, sometimes we even read. It felt nice spending time with him without having to worry about anything.

He tried to bring up my parents again but I assured him that it was fine. Ever since then, he seemed to calm down. Just a bit, though.

Today, we decided to visit my parent's grave. He proposed the idea and I accepted because I wanted my parents to meet the guy I like.

If you're wondering, then no, I haven't told Jayden I liked him. Why? Because I'm not sure if he likes me or if he just feels bad about... You know.

However, I do plan to ask him today, when we get back. So, for now, I put on my oversized jeans and a sweater. The weather seemed a bit chilly.

I grabbed my bag and headed out of my room, only to find Jayden coming right out of his room. He was wearing a pair of blue jeans, a white t-shirt and a leather jacket on top. I smiled to myself. Our outfits looked almost the same. Almost!

.

.

.

When we got to the graveyard, he stood at a distance and watched me sit by their graves and talk to them.

I narrated the entire story to my parents. When I was done, I urged him to come closer. He walked carefully towards me and sat next to me.

"Mum, Dad!" I cleared my throat. "I want you to meet Jayden. Jayden, I want you to meet my parents"

He watched me with teary eyes before paying his respect to them. We talked for sometimes before we decided to leave.

I noticed he wasn't comfortable, so I decided we take a walk.

The path was narrow and beautiful. Orange leaves scattered about on the ground. The blue sky was bright and the wind was a bit gentle. To me, it was perfect.

We walked for sometime before we came across an ice cream cart. I only needed to stare at him and pout a little before he gave in.

"Three scoops of chocolate ice cream, please." I ordered.

"I'll have one scoop of mint chocolate." He said as he paid the guy.

After collecting our orders, I began to question him. "Mint chocolate, really?"

He gave me a look as if he didn't understand. "What kind of weirdo eats mint chocolate? It tastes like toothpaste!"

He chuckled. "Well, I guess I like the taste of toothpaste, then."

"What about chocolate? Don't you like chocolate!"

He thought for a second. "I guess chocolate is nice, but I kinda prefer vanilla or mint chocolate."

I gasped. What kind of weirdo preferred vanilla to chocolate?

So, I spent the rest of our walk, lecturing Jayden on why he should like chocolate and no other flavour.

.

.

.

Another completed chapter.

My sincerely apologies to mint chocolate and vanilla ice cream lovers🙏

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Please vote and leave a comment.

Love,
_Adeola🎀