Chapter 16

Jessi

Have you ever felt so happy for absolutely no reason?

That's exactly what I'm feeling right now.

When I woke up this morning, a smile appeared on my face.

Why?

Even I don't know

Or maybe I do

It could be the fact that I have no shift at the restaurant today, which hardly happens.

Or the fact that I spoke to Jim yesterday night before I went to bed and told him about Andrew and what I was doing for him. Surprisingly, he took it well saying, "it would be a good way for me to fall in love. Me (scoffs)

Deep down inside, however I know it's definitely the act that Andrew is coming back today.

But why am I so happy? I decide it's because the past few days have been so boring and lonely without him. I'm never telling him that to his face.

After taking a shower and dressing in a baggy top and a skirt, I proceed to the kitchen to execute my plans.

You wanna know what it is?

Well, firstly I'm gonna bake my mom's signature chocolate cake and cook a really delicious meal for him.

Then while he's eating and completely lost in the food, I'm going to gently ask him what I've been curious about.

It's a bit immature but I hope it works.

Now, it's time.

***
Andrew

Jessica.

That name has been ringing in my head since I left.

I could hardly concentrate on my business. All I thought about was her.

I've missed her. I've missed her smile. Her glares. Her voice whenever she calls my name.

Apart from my mother, I don't think I've ever missed anyone in my entire life. Not that I'm heartless or anything. I just don't have anyone.

The thought of going to my huge house with someone waiting for me makes my heart flutter. Even though she's just my fake girlfriend.

I stop to collect the clothes from Edward and bought Jessi a bouquet of flowers too. I grin like a silly teenager.

I don't know what this feeling is. I don't understand why I keep having crazy thoughts about Jessi or why my heart skips a beat whenever I think about her.

The truth is I don't even want to know. I just want to enjoy the feeling while it lasts.

Just as I thought that, I appear at my huge mansion right in the middle of nowhere. As soon as I drive in, I see Jessi standing in front of the door waiting for me. I wonder how long she has been there.

I get down from the car, carrying multiple bags in one hand and the flowers in the other.

"Hey!" I handed her the flowers. She smiled. Oh! If only she knew what that smile did to me.

"Welcome back and thank you for the flowers" Hearing her voice again feels heavenly.

We both walk inside. I can't help but imagine if this is how it would feel to be married to a caring wife.

After placing the bags of all types of clothes in her room and her continuously thanking me, she drags me to the dining room saying she cooked a meal for me.

On getting there, I realized that she didn't just cook a meal, it was an entire feast.

"Who else is joining us?"

"It's just the two of us. I might have gone overboard with the cooking but I doubt you've eaten at all today. Let's dig in"

She was right. I had neither eaten breakfast  nor did I eat dinner last night.

A few minutes after we started to eat, she dropped her utensils and turned to face me.

"I don't want you to take this the wrong way" she began and I nodded. "I have been curious about something. What is your relationship with Jayden Carter?"

***
Jessi

As soon I asked the question, he turned his head towards me so fast that I thought he might have sprained his neck.

Silence.

Silence.

We continue to stare into each other's eyes. As usual his eyes showed no emotion.

"Is that what all this is for?" His voice was low and dangerous, almost menacing. I got scared.

Maybe I made a huge mistake after all.

***
What do you think caused Andrew's sudden change of mood? What is he hiding?

Anyways, I hoped you guys enjoyed Andrew's point of view. I'll reveal the huge secret in the next chapter. But that's not the only secret in their story. I might decide to reveal them soon or I might prolong the book a little 🤷

I hope you are enjoying this book so far. If you are, please vote, follow, comment and share.

If you aren't, please vote, as it would give me inspiration to do better and comment your opinions, I'll reply.

Thank you for choosing this book to read💟

_Adeola♾️