Chapter 10

Jessi

I just finished my shift at the restaurant. My "hangout" with Theo ended some hours ago after we had lunch. Now, I'm waiting for Nick to pick me up.

My things are neatly packed in a small black bag which is currently sitting at my feet.

Small, I might say because it contained some jeans, a few tank tops, oversized shirts that belongs to Jim and one hoodie. I figured I could come back to take some other clothes if needed.

You must have figured it out by now, but if you haven't then - I'm moving in with Andrew. It's actually a really good deal.

It would be easier to teach him how to bake.

Nick would drive me to the restaurant whenever I have a shift.

It's part of the plan to fool his father.

I would be around him often so I can admire him more.

I won't be living alone anymore, and the most important - I would be eating free food.

A black Maserati pulls up right in front of me. I know it's a Maserati because that's Jim's favourite car and he has posters of it all over his room.

The tinted glass moved down to reveal the dreamy face of Andrew in a business suit. I don't think I have ever seen him dress so formally, so don't blame me if my stare lasts longer than usual.

"Get in" his deep voice utters.

I drop my bags into the back seat and plop into the passengers seat.

"Where's Nick?"

"I gave him a day off."

I nodded in understanding.

"So..."

"My father seems satisfied with you but he says he would like to meet you someday. Not so soon though, so we have time to prepare. I'll take a day off tomorrow, we have somewhere to be"

I just nod. I'm surprised someone like his father would be satisfied with me. Me!!

Some minutes of silence pass.

"What would you like to learn today? A croissant maybe. Or a macarons?"

"Does it have to be French?"

"That's the big idea"

"So, you like French pastries?"

"Oh, I like more than French pastries. I love everything about France. It's my dream vacation spot. I would actually love to have my honeymoon there."

Andrew doesn't say anything as if he is lost in thought. I, on the other hand, sigh thinking of how my Paris dreams will never come through.

****
We end up making macarons. Andrew doesn't comment much about liking it. I, however, ate as if my life depended on it.

After eating and keeping the rest in the fridge (apparently we made too much), Andrew led me to my room. Or the room I will be staying at till he actually falls for me. Hehe.

The room is moderately sized. It's completely white. I mean completely. The walls, the sheets, the comforter, the three pillows, the curtains, the high ceiling, the doors leading to what I'm expecting to be a bathroom and a walk-in closet, the bookshelf, and the list goes on.

"Whoa, I feel like I'm in heaven. Is white your favourite colour or what?"

"What?" He chuckled. "No, it was my mom's favourite. I like black. We can change somethings around here I you like."

"No, no. It's okay. I'm fine"

"Well, in that case. I'll leave you to get some rest. Good night Jessica."

I smiled. No one calls me Jessica. "Good night Andrew."

He walks towards the door but halts. " Thank you for what you are doing. It means a lot. And don't forget, If there's anything I can do to pay you back, don't hesitate to come to me."

I nod and he leaves. I spend about two more minutes admiring the room before I go ahead to take a bath.

As I slip into the bath tub, I smile.

Hot water.

***
Chapter 10 ✅

Thanks for reading

Please vote

Comment

Share

Follow

And keep reading

GTKM: My dream vacation spot is Paris😍

SIR: Peru by Fireboy ft Ed Sheeran

_Adeola♾️