Chapter 22

Jayden

Ring!

Ring!!

Ri...

"Hello" I answer the black telephone on my office table that has been continuously ringing.

"Jay! My man. How you doing?" I create a distance between the phone and my ear. Jeez he talks very loud.

"I'm good Jed. What about you?"

The man chuckles. "Still so formal I see. I've been good though. My trip to Hawaii was awesome. I've never felt so relaxed. You should try it, you know... All this work won't help you. You aren't getting youn..."

"Yeah yeah" I cut him off. "I need you to do something for me. Can you?"

"It depends. What do you need help with?"

"I need you to get as much information as you can on the death on Jenna and Alexander Smith"

"Hmm... Alright. I'll try my best."

"Right. Thank you" I hang up.

...

Jessi

I'm currently in Jayden's huge library reading one of my favorite classics, Pride and Prejudice.

By the way, in case I never mentioned it Jay has a huge library. The moment he showed me, I got addicted to it.

It has all kinds of books. Thriller, Horror, Fantasy, Nonfictional, SciFi, Adventurous Fiction, Romance, and lots more.

I've only been to the Romance section though.

"Jess!" A voice shouts my name from somewhere in the house.

"Jessica!" It's definitely Jayden.

"Jessi!"

"I'm in here Jayden" 

About two minutes later, he walked in wearing a white T-shirt and joggers. His hair was slightly wet and droplets of water are on his perfectly chiseled face.

"What are you doing in here?" He asks.

I raise a brow. Does he really not see what I'm doing?

"I'm making cupcakes. Want some?" I decide to go with sarcasm.

He chuckled a bit but still managed to glare at me.

I go back to reading my book. Few seconds later, I feel his presence behind me. Droplets of water from his hair fall on my skin which makes me shiver.

He bends over and the smell of his shampoo and aftershave fills my senses making my head spin.

I clear my throat, trying to pull myself together.

"Pride and Prejudice, I see. It's an interesting one" he whispers next to my ear. His deep voice does wonders to my body.

"Yeah." Is all I manage to say.

He straightens up and I sigh in relief. But my comfort doesn't last for long as he comes in front of me and places something cool on my wrist.

A bracelet

A charm bracelet

"I saw it on my way back and I thought you would like it"

"It's beautiful" I lift my hand closer to my face to get a better view of it.

It has a book charm. A baker's hat charm and an infinity charm

"Thank you. I love it" I say.

He settles down on a seat beside me. "I'm glad"

I keep admiring the bracelet and he keeps staring at me. I know that because I can feel his intense stare burning a hole in my face.

"You owe me three wishes"

I look up at him and I freeze. His stare makes shivers run down my spine but I manage to nod.

"I want to go sky gazing with you"

Sky gazing! Like the romantic activity that couples do at night. Lying on the bare ground with no one around. Your head on his chest and his arms around you. The only sound one can here is the sound of our beating hearts which surprisingly beats at the same pace. A shooting star passes and you wish...

"Did you hear what I said?"

Huh! Oh, I might have zoned out a bit.

"Isn't that what couples do?" I ask

He smirks. " Aren't we a couple?"

My eyes pop and my cheeks turn pink. He smirks again. "What do you think about Jaysi?"

....

Hey guys! What do you think about Jaysi?