Chapter 1: Mariah

Finally, the day was here; the biggest adventure of my life that I would ever take. I was surprised that my mum even agreed to this whole trip. It took a lot of convincing and begging from Layla who is none other than my best friend who I have known for the past two years. We met in law school on the first day of classes and ever since then our friendship has only grown stronger.

We decided six months ago when international boarders opened that we would take a trip somewhere as we had both spoken about going overseas for an adventure in the near future. After long deliberation and thought given, we decided we would go to none other than Germany.

As I got up in anticipation for what lay ahead on our trip, I packed the last few thing into my luggage.

"Mariah are you ready we have to leave soon to meet Layla at the airport." Yelled my mum from downstairs.

"Ok I'll be down in five minutes." I yelled back.

Once making my way downstairs, my mum greeted me and wrapped me in a hug and began sobbing while I rubbed her back and said,

"Its going to be ok. I will call you everyday, but we really need to get going or we will be late for my flight." As I laughed.

We made our way to the car and put my bags into the boot before hoping in the car and driving off. The drive to the airport felt long and slow. I was sad but happy at the same time. I would miss my mum, but I was also excited for everything that lay ahead for our trip.

Once arriving at the airport and unpacking my luggage from the car I turned around to say my goodbyes.

"I love you mum." I said as we embraced, and she said back

"I love you to, have fun." As tears began to fall down her cheek.

"Don't cry or you will make me cry." I joked.

After a few more minutes of embrace and saying our goodbyes, I took my things and made my way to the waiting area to wait for Layla.

After what felt like an eternity, but which was probably only 10 minutes, Layla finally showed up.

Layla was 6ft tall and beautiful, short brown hair and had dark hazel eyes. She could catch the attention of any guy. She was a bit shy and was never interested in boys but with saying so no one could deny her beauty.

"Oh, you finally made it, I'm so excited." I said in a high pitch voice.

"Me to, I missed you." Layla replied.

As we embraced one another. After a moment in each other's embrace we smiled and began the first steps towards our journey which awaited us.