Chapter 11: Jacob

I couldn't believe my eyes when I realised who it was. It was like fate had brought us here together. I was really beginning to lose hope throughout the day when there was no response from her.

I looked at her in all awe as I grabbed her. I was protective of her. It was like we were drawn together in a weird way.

As she looked up at me and realised who I was she went all red in the cheeks as if she was embarrassed. It was further from the truth.

After our conversation I made my way over with her to her table where her friend was sitting with my friends in toe behind me. The entire walk there I couldn't stop thinking if this was real or not or if I was dreaming. After a few seconds I was lead to her attention when she introduced us to her friend.

"This is my friend Layla." she said to us all as we reached the table.

"Nice to meet you." We all said in synch.

"Nice to meet you all, I didn't realise we were having company." She replied while looking at Mariah.

We sat down all together as Mariah replied.

"Yes well Jacob here saved me not once but twice. Remember at the rink, so yeah it's the least I can do." Mariah bit back.

"Oh yeah I remember, you know she hasn't been able to stop blabbering about you and the incident since." Layla said.

"Omg Layla." Mariah said in embarrassment as she blushed.

"Neither has Jacob." said Brayden.

As I looked up in shock at him then at Mariah who looked at me and smiled.

After all engaging in conversation and getting to know one another finally our dinner arrived.

As we sat there eating dinner I began observing her in the moment. She looked comfortable, content and beautiful.

After two hours of conversation as a group and having fun we eventually finished our dinner.

"Well I'm full, and I'm gonna go check out the games room. Anyone want to join." Said Brayden.

"Ohh yes, I'll join if you don't mind." Said Layla.

"Of course." Said Brayden.

"Yeah we will join."Said everyone else as they got up.

"Mariah you coming." Layla said to Mariah.

"Yeah I will in a sec, just gonna finish up if that's ok."Mariah replied.

"Yeah see you soon." Said Layla.

Mariah nodded back.

And then it was just the two of us.