Chapter 30: Mariah

As I woke up early the next day wrapped in Jacob's arms once again I knew that I was home. I just laid there under his embrace staring at him for a few minutes mesmerising his beauty and every crease of his face. I wanted to never forget it. As I looked at him I wondered what he was dreaming about and It also made me realise how much l had truly loved him. God he was beautiful. I couldn't believe in the that moment that God gave me this opportunity to be with Jacob and giving me the chance to meet him on that day. I had wondered what it would have been like if we had never meet. I quickly drew it from my mind because I knew there was no other explanation other then fate. God I was so damn happy that I had slipped on the ice. As I laid there looking at him I could feel his heartbeat under my palm it was slow, steady and calm. Beating like a beat of a drum that was in synch with the rhythm of a good old fashion song. I knew that his heart is where I belonged and my heart would always beat In synch with his. Before long he began to become restless and began opening his eyes.

"Morning." I said as I looked up into his luscious hazel eyes.

"Ohh up before me I see, but yes good morning to you sunshine."He replied as he looked down at me.

As we both got up we headed down stairs to the kitchen.

As we made breakfast we headed outside to sit under the patio to enjoy the sun and the summer breeze. It felt relaxing and rejuvenating. The fresh summer air felt good on my skin. I felt free and content like as if all the puzzle pieces were falling into place. As we sat there eating our breakfast, It made me realise that this was something that I would love to do everyday for the rest of my life. To share these small moments that might not seem like much but it meant so much more to me then just eating breakfast. It resembled in my imagination that as our lives got busier the time spent together would be precious and to be able to be each other's good morning before everything that happened for the hectic day is something that I lingered to see every morning. To see every sunrise and sunset with Jacob is something I wanted. But I know our time together was precious and being here in this moment, I realised how little time we had together.

As we finished our breakfast we got our running clothes and headed for a nice jog around the town.

As we began to run, about 10 minutes in I had regretted my decision as we made our way up a steep hill.

"Uhh why did I ever agree to this." I said between shattered breaths.

"I don't know you tell me." He replied back.

"Hahaha your so funny." I said as I continued

"But honestly if we don't turn around right now might just collapse and have to make this place my new home."

"Really." He said.

"Yep." I replied as I pretended to faint dramatically.

"Ahahah your so funny but guess what that's not gonna happen." He said as he came over and scooped me up in his arms and swung us around. We both laughed.

"Looks like I'll have to carry you then." As he began to walk a few steps down the hill.

"Ok your really heavy, I'm gonna put you down." He said as he began to laugh.

"Hahah good idea." I replied as I laughed back as he kneeled down to let me stand up. As we walked together side by side back to the house.

....

As we made it back to the house everyone was out in the court yard playing basket ball. We decided to make our way over to join in.

"Hey can we join." Jacob said.

"Sure, pick a team." Troy said.

"How about us boys vs the girls and to raise the steaks whichever group losses has to as a group order us whatever we want for dinner." Jacob said as he smiled proudly.