Chapter 2: Mariah

After showing our passes to the boarding clerk we made our way to the plane. After boarding we sat down in our seats waiting for the next 12 hours to pass by till we reached our destination. I was super nervous as I had never been on a flight, so I anxiously grabbed onto Layla waiting for the take off. After settling in after take off the minutes ticked by so slow it felt like an eternity. We watched movie after movie together, listened to music, took photos and then took a nap for the remainder of the flight.

Finally, I awoke from my dream to the brisk of sun shining through the airplane window. As I looked below to the world below, I knew we were close, I felt it deep within me that we had made it.

After landing and collecting our luggage, we had boarded a taxi to make our way to our hotel. We were staying in the heart of the city of Berlin. As the taxi drove it made its way through the city of Berlin. I was mesmerised and oblivion to everything around me sucking in every site in front of me. I was taking picture after picture of the beautiful sites around me to remember the memories forever.

After what felt like a quick drive, we made it to the hotel.

"Finally, we are here." Layla gasped as we turned to one another and embraced into a happy dance right there in the middle of the street, not caring who saw or heard us. It felt like just the two of us who was there in that moment. We were here, we had made it and we weren't about to let anyone ruin our happiness.

Making our way to the room I chucked myself onto the mattress which felt like a soft cloud. "I can't believe we are here." I said excitedly.

"Neither it feels like a dream." Layla said from her bed which was next to mine.

I got up and started jumping and dancing on the bed, Layla jumped over to join me. It was just me and her against the world in that moment.

After a few minutes of exhilarated excitement, I caught my breath and declined to relax on the bed.

It was still day outside, but Jet-lag was setting in. We didn't have any plans for the first day other then maybe take a walk around the area when we got settled later that day. So, I just sat back in the bed scrolling through my phone I began to watch some five-minute crafts which was my favourite go to videos to watch on Facebook. After watching a few videos, I sent a text to my mum to tell her we had arrived safely and that I would call her later that night around 10-11pm so then it would be morning when she receives the call in Australia.

My mum text back saying 'I'm glad your safe and talk then, love you lots mum.'

By this time, it was reaching lunch time and I was beginning to get hungry. I rolled over to say to Layla

"Hey you wanna......" before realising she was sound asleep in her bed.

I thought not to distract her, so I just got a packet of chips from the hotel cupboard and proceeded to lay back in the bed and opened Tiktok to watch some videos.

After watching videos and scrolling on my for you page.... there he was on my screen all tall, handsome and cute. His luscious brown hair and hazelly green eyes and mesmerising smile smiled back at me. That damn smile I thought. It was none other then my Tiktok crush Jacob Roberts, none other then Germany's biggest Tiktok creator and models- staggering 2.9 million followers and fellow member of the widely known group the 'Berlin five.'

I had been following him for a while now and every time I saw his videos the more I fell for him (so cliché when I didn't even know him or him know me). Everyday he was on my mind, and I had this fantasy that he would be mine. I had constantly tried messaging him on his Instagram and even went as far as trying to message his friends. I had once messaged his friend Troy on Snapchat to tell Jacob that I thought he was cute. He opened the message and never responded, leaving me to guess he never told him. I was guttered because that was my last hope to making my fantasy a reality.

Jacob was one of the biggest reasons why I chose to come to Germany specifically Berlin. (Of course, no one knew this reason). I thought as I sat there hoping that I would meet him, but the thought quickly vanished from my mind as soon as I thought of the idea. As I stared back at his face, I clicked the screen off sighing that it would never happen.