how you guys meet for the first time

During your junior year of high school, your current boyfriend, Lance, took you to his senior prom.

Everything was going according to plan when suddenly he caught feelings...for another girl.

You left the table that you and Lance were sitting at to grab drinks for the both of you. When you returned there was girl sitting in his lap kissing his cheek, slowly moving towards his lips.

When he didn't stop her, you knew that you and Lance were done. You threw the drinks at them and stormed out of the venue where your school prom was held.

Tears flooding down your cheeks as you run across the street almost getting hit by a car driving by.

The car lays on the horn and you apologize. You try to keep moving on but your dress gets caught on a part of his car.

The man puts the car in park and makes his way out of his car to help you untangle your dress.

Curse lance for making you buy such a long dress for a stupid dance that you didn't even want to go to.

After the man helps you, you go along your way and decided to go to the nearest restaurant to calm down since it was raining outside.

The nearest place was an ice cream shop. You walk in to find an empty store and one employee behind the counter.

The guy turns around and says "How can I help y-, woah are you okay?"

"No" you chuckle while trying to wipe the running mascara away. "But it's okay, un can I get a strawberry shake?" you continue nervously.

You start to pull out a five dollar bill out of your clutch but he insisted on paying.

You sit down on a barstool while you wait on your shake. You use your phone to look at yourself to see your makeup is completely ruined and you look like an idiot.

"One strawberry shake for the beautiful lady that shouldn't be crying" the worker says while sitting the milkshake in front of me from across the counter. "Do you need a wet paper towel or something?" he asks.

"Um yes please" you say while looking down at the table.

He hands you a wet paper towel to wipe the makeup off your face before asking "So do you mind explaining why you are crying while wearing a gorgeous dress"

"well actually, I was at prom with my boyfriend" you start but he interrupts saying "Oh no" and resting his elbow on the counter ad placing his head on his fist.

"I know, this is never a good was to start off a story, but anyways, I went to get us drinks and when I cam back he was sitting at our table kissing another girl. You say and the tears begin to run down your face again.

"Oh honey, i'm so sorry" he says while rubbing his hand on yours.

He made you feel comfortable because he looked to be around the same age.

"It's okay, my name's y/n by the way" you say while holding out your hand for him to shake.

"Ashton" he says while picking up your hand and kissing the back of your palm.

"I hate to say this but our store is closing in five minutes" he says while writing his something on a napkin.

He hand the paper to me and says "text or call me anytime you need to talk to someone"

You thank him and walk out of the ice cream shop immediately saving the number to you contacts, labeling him "ice cream boy<3."

After that you and Ashton talked every single day making the friendship stronger than the one you aquired with Lance.