Chapter 19: Tears

At Her House

I was waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting for him to show up.

I paced back and forth at all times for him to come.

I became anxious and worried that he wouldn't show up. Maybe he did played me. Maybe he was just making a fool out of me.

Playing with with my trust and hopes. That's actually not nice to do that especially for a 16 year old. Ugh I hate people like that.

Well I think it is official now

He stood me up

He didn't come

That one night I thought he would become the person I thought a brother should be

You know all caring and that cheesy stuff. But that, that wasn't meant to be. Its not ever happening.

This is a modern fairytale.

No happy endings at all.

At least not for me.

Why does this happen to me anyways? I have done nothing, I repeat nothing to him or anyone that would make him hate me before he even left our family.

Yeah our father backed out

Yeah our mom was an alcoholic.

But Jon backing out too? That doesn't make him better than any of those two.

And Jon getting drunk too? Doesn't make him any different from what mom used to be. You know, at least she stopped. At least.

She's not here to console me right now. And I just went up to my bedroom which is so Pinterest-y full of art work.

But I have this corner in my huge bedroom. Where it's painted darker and decorated dark and even more with depression on it. Like knife scratches in the wall. Don't worry, I don't cut myself I cut the wall.

That part of the room was ruined, it was tiny but it was ruined. I marked again with my knife a Roman numeral marking the days.

I also have some other markings but it isn't suitable to talk about I guess. Because it's not. Period.

I cover the part of the room with the curtains, and I open it up just when I needed to mark or when I am angry and there's nothing else.

Hey? I'm just 16, what do you expect?