Denials.

Thranduil returned to Mirkwood when he heard the news that had been sent his way.
He was worried about his son but before he was sable to reach Legolas, he was stopped once again by the news of Beinion's death.
How is he dead in battle?He can't even go to battle! Thranduil thought.
Looking for the captain for an explanation, Thranduil went to her room.She was not there.A terrible thought came to the king.
What if she's with the prince?

"Where is the captain?"he asked a guard.
"She went into the forest after Beinion's passing."
"Ok,you may go"

The king was relieved. Legolas would probably be asleep so he didnot want to disturb him,he would talk when Legolas was well. But he would talk, no matter what.

3 hours after she fell asleep beside Legolas, Tauriel was woken up by the sound of a carriage drawing up to the palace gates. The king! she thought and jumped out of bed.Legolas,who was only half asleep woke instantly,
"What's wrong?"
"The king is back!"
Legolas got up and went over to her and kissed her. "So?"
"So..he won't agree to this,never in his life!"

Legolas realized she was right."But will you then deny that you do not love me?"
"I never said that!"she gave him a hug and pulled on her war tunic.
"You're going?"
"I have to."
"Then I'll go with you"
"Where?"
"To the king."
"Who said anything about going to the king?"
"I did" He smiled.
"I have patrol."
"Ok,I'll see you in the afternoon."
She nods and gives him another kiss and then sneaks out of the room unseen.

Legolas gets dressed in is own patrol clothes and goes to the king's chambers.
"Good morning,father"
"Ah!Good morning,son!Given the grave news I got, you seem fine"
"I'm fine."
"Good,sit sit"he pointed to a cHair beside himself "Legolas there is someting very important I have to talk to you about..."
Legolas' heart plummeted into his boots,he hated that tone."yes?..."

"I have decided your marriage,with Lady Arwen of Imladris."

"Wait..what?!"
"You heard me son."
"Lady Arwen,I..."
"Think about it,Legolas,it's better for EVERYONE"

The emphasis on everyone annoyed Legolas.
What does he mean by that?
But Legolas didnot have to think about it.He had thought about it already,he had decided last night.
"No."he said softly.
"What?"
"I said, no. I won't marry Lady Arwen,she loves someone else"
"She assumes it"
"Who are you to say that?"Legolas rose in anger.
"It is what her father says"
Legolas rolled his eyes.

"You have heard my decision."he said and stormed out of the room.Why was this love so hard?

¬¬¬¬meanwhile in Imladris¬¬¬¬

Elrond,tried fruitlessly to persuade is daughter to marry Legolas.
"No.no and no!"Arwen said.
"Why?"
"You know why father!I love Aragorn."

Anger welled in is heart. Aragorn!
"Try to understand my dear..."
But Arwen interrupted,
"Forgive the rudeness,but you have heard my decision"she said and rose to leave.Why did he not understand?She had to find Aragorn.
Arwen had chosen.She would rather spend one lifetime with her love than be forever alone.She had chosen a mortal life.