2 | two

≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡

Lee Yongbok
sunshinelix • Instagram
6:30 PM

<
Good evening Mr. Lee.

<
I'm sorry if I offended you in any
way with my previous messages,
as that was in no way my intention.

<
However, I am thankful for your
response, and my reason for sending a
message to your phone at such an early
hour is because of the rules and
regulations in my home.

<
If I am causing you any form of
discomfort, I shall leave you be.
But please know that I have no bad
intention, as I honestly just want to
make a friend other than the (useless)
textbooks that reside on my desk.

<
My conversation here in itself is not
permitted, but I am really trying to not
let my parents find out. But again, if
I seem to be a pest, please let me know.

<
Sorry for sending so many messages
at once, I am just very nervous because
my phone will be collected in a few
minutes. Have a good night.
Sent just now

≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡

Fingers tapping anxiously against the laggy screen of his new cellphone, Chan nipped at his lower lip childishly, sighing out of relief when his entire chat with the stranger as well as all traces of the account in his search history were cleared. He groaned lowly as the sound of his mother's overused pair of heels scraping annoyingly against the tiles grew as it neared his open bedroom, the extra effect of a metal spoon clanging along the sides of a teacup making the routined experience all the more distasteful.

"Christopher," the woman sounded rather harshly, empty hand already outstretched as she walked in freely through the opened door of her son's bedroom. "Cellphone, then bed."

Chan only nodded submissively as he handed the device to his mother, not missing the chance to glimpse once more at the small button that indicated whether or not it was on silent. "Thank you mother," he spoke in script, lips forced out slightly into the most awkward and uncomfortable smile, that expression mixed with the ball-print pijama set hugging his frame completely contradicting all of his features that even attempted to indicate his real age of seventeen.

"Good. Now don't forget to be up in time for your first class with your father, and make sure to keep being good before you lose your new electronic privileges." She nodded with her tyrannical words, her voice somewhat too deep for a fair woman like herself, yet too feminine to be considered a male's. The black curls on either side of her high cheekbones bounced with her gestures, and her knuckles visibly strained as they struggled to keep up that teacup and spoon without the support of her other hand. "So goodbye for now. Remember, keep the door open."

Keeping that same soft smile as his mother left him in a bit of peace- or at least something that tried to mimic such need, Chan made his way underneath his sheets, a deep breath rushing out of his nostrils as his eyes remained focused on the still visible streaks of light seeping in from his blinds. "I'll soon be eighteen," he mumbled that line against his pillow, the syllables bringing the only subtle feeling of comfort that was responsible for keeping and maintaining whatever bit of strength he had left to withstand his parents' wise and proper forms of correction and discipline, or that's what they'd described it to be at least.

"No use of phones for more than three hours a day because it is a distraction. Why use a computer when you have countless dictionaries and thesauruses in your library? Your textbooks are the only friends that you need. As long as you work out in the gym in the garage, there is no need for long walks out on those filthy streets." The repetitive speeches of his mother and father tormented his senses moments before dozing off as they'd usually do, forcing a single tear drop out of his closed eye.

But at least he'd made a friend- was making a friend- or more like messaged someone who had the decency to respond, no matter how rude they were about it. Attitude didn't matter, time and effort did. And just the fact that such a stranger had actually taken the energy and put in effort to type a response to his message was enough to give the boy's heart some peace as he slept- enough to relax his body so much that low snores were allowed to bypass his lips.

And as few pictures of beautifully distributed freckles and a perfectly matched pair of lips formed a familiar image of a boy in his thoughts— as countless made-up voices formed in his ears in attempt to match with the face on those posts on the page that he had stalked not to long before, Chan couldn't help but giggle in his sleep, a new tingling in his chest surging panicked questions to all parts of his subconsciousness.

"Lee Yongbok," he whispered, eyes suddenly fluttering open tiredly and once again centering his vision on a faint view of the dimming sky behind his window. "I do hope that we can be friends."

≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡

Lee Yongbok
sunshinelix • Instagram
10:15 PM

>
one, stop addressing me so
formally please

>
two, what the absolute fuck
is going on with you?

>
are you some 12 year old
who just got a phone or something?
well look kid, im 16 and i dont play
these silly games

>
please stop spamming me
uselessly or i will block you

>
(messages only apply if ur like not
someone in authority. im a good person
i promise)

≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡