17 | seventeen

≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡

"No, he's not there yet," Felix spoke softly, tone hinting the slightest bit of discouragement, but still firm as the optimism that he had previously developed was enough to justify his seemingly idle stance at the entrance of the unfamiliar, prestigious neighborhood. "But I'm sure he'll be here soon. Maybe it's his parents again..."

Sighing and face-palming on the other end of the line, Hyunjin snaked an arm around the shoulders of the brunette at his side, smirking at the fact that such teasing act was in no way part of Felix's knowledge for the time being. "Lix, how are you sure he's even real? I mean, you two have never called, so for all you know he could be a catfish or a murderer," he chuckled, cheeks dusting red upon noticing the soft giggle that left Seungmin's own lips.

"Hyunjin, don't think like that. I mean, he's sent me voice notes before... and he's sent me a picture. So I'm sure he's real," Felix pouted with his words, folding one arm against his chest while idly kicking a few neatly laid out pebbles forward with his instep. "But I'm just so fucking nervous, you know? Like what if he storms out with his parents or something. Like imagine- holy shit-"

"Lix? Everything okay?"

Lips parting at the recognition and mouth going dry at the sudden rush of air being inhaled through its passage, Felix gulped thickly, cellphone dropping from his ears and thumb reflexively tapping to hang up the call. "C-Christopher?" He tried to speak loud enough, but his voice only cracked in denial, eyes solely focused on the familiar-faced brunette nearing his direction.

He watched and observed the male's features from the close distance; how the focused face was so flawless and perfectly carved, selflessly boasting the boy's impeccable jawline. And that build. Gosh. Felix didn't think that such a secluded teenager could have so much firm, developed muscle on his arms and legs. Yes, Christopher said that he'd usually work out in his garage sometimes, but who would think that such a seemingly low-budget gym could produce such a masterpiece like the male nearing his direction.

Chan was so adorable- even more in person than over text. And Felix's heart couldn't help but melt at the increasing sight of a visibly innocent and inexperienced boy with his own eyes glued onto a phone in his palm, lips parted and moving in rhythm with words inaudible to any passerby, and free hand gripped onto the strap of the backpack that stayed childishly over his shoulder.

Finally snapping out of his trance when the rather clueless brunette seemed close enough, Felix slid his phone into his pocket, wiping his sweaty palms roughly against his shorts. "H-hi," he spoke up, raising one hand to wave, but sighing at the realization that his tone was too soft to collect the attention of the other boy. So taking a few steps forward and chewing on the inside of his cheek, he spoke up again. "Hey... Chris-topher?"

Shooting his head up from the screen at the recognition of his name from the nowhere close to familiar voice, Chan almost passed out from the fright and anxiety that sped through his veins, eyes darting towards the area where the base was sounded. He arched a brow at the sight, mind automatically swamped with the somewhat tiring task of matching the deep tone to a fitting frame in that area, as well as savoring the real, physical sight of the freckled beauty that he had only adored over social media.

So gulping a lump in his throat and pulling his backpack to the front to slip his phone im before fixing it back to its proper position over his shoulders, Chan quickened his steps towards the smaller boy, a large, heartfelt smile spreading on his face despite the gallons of nervousness pooling in his subconsciousness. "Yongbok? I mean, hello, Yongbok. How are you doing? I hope that I didn't keep you waiting for too long under this mid-morning sun." He spoke rather quickly, politely outstretching one hand for a handshake to practice one of the very limited values instilled in him as a child.

Spreading his own smile to mirror the sunshine emphasizing his freckles, Felix brought his own hand to meet the latter's, internally praying that his sweaty palms would in no way discomfort the boy's, but all concern related to such was thrown out the window when an equally moist palm met with his.

"Hi, Chris- Chan. You can call me Felix, since it's shorter and all," he spoke softly, smile dropping into a frown at the way the latter's face molded into question at the sounding of his voice. "I- I know. Don't mention it... you ready to go?"

Tilting his head to the side as his befuddled state only grew at the low caution given by the other, Chan parted his lips to speak again, ensuring that nothing but genuine honesty would be expressed. "Well, Felix. I'm really happy to finally meet you, and I must say that your voice is very unique-"

"You don't have to say it-"

"Say what? I'm just saying that such a deep voice in no way matches the petiteness of your frame-"

"And he said it," Felix scoffed, poking at the inside of his cheek with his tongue and internally swearing at his decision to even plan such a face-to-face meeting. "Can we just-"

"Said what? I wasn't finished. I'm saying that it does not match your frame, but it is so beautiful. You are uhm... you are very pretty- handsome, and uhm... your voice adds an extra touch at which I love- like," Chan giggled softly in between stutters, cheeks deepening their faint shade of red at a rate that not even they knew they were capable of. "So yes, that's what I wanted to say. You may continue..."

Mirroring the blush coating the older's dimpled cheeks, Felix looked down, smile returning underneath his freckles and fingers fiddling anxiously with the hem of his polo shirt. "Well, thank you. You are cute as well..."

"Cute? Cute. Thank you, Felix."

"Mhm... you ready to go?"

"Of course... I'll follow you, because I'm very unfamiliar with the location that you informed me of. Please guide me properly," Chan pouted with his admission, sighing and tightening his grip on the straps of his bag. "And uhm... feel free to say no but, may you please hold my hand? It's just, this experience is not only causing me to be nervous and anxious, but it is very, very scary. But again, feel free to decline."

"Chan, it's okay... take my hand."

≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡