18 | eighteen

≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡

Smiling softly with a polite nod at the bus driver, Felix glanced down at his hand, more butterflies fluttering happily in his stomach at the sight of the other's more veiny one locked ever so firmly with his. "Chan, it's okay. You don't need to be nervous."

"I understand. I'm not really nervous," Chan tried to speak calmly, but the apprehensive look on his face as well his tightening grip on the younger's palm as they trotted the sidewalk, and the heavy breaths showing so evidently with the vigorous movements of his chest, were more than enough to falsify his statement. He kept his dry lips thinned into a line, tears occasionally threatening to leave his eyes, only holding themselves back to avoid shame or discomfort towards the other boy at his side. "Is the court- is it close to here."

"Yeah, we're basically there already." Felix spoke softly, smiling and pointing his free hand towards the aimed location. "See, that's the entrance right there."

"O-oh. There are- there are many people there, I see..." Chan muttered skeptically, grip on Felix's hand tightening even more, and nostrils flaring with the puffs of air passing through them at such a rapid pace. He looked around for a few seconds, heart dropping at the recognition of few, realistically unimportant glances at his direction, and head hurting as buckets filled with insecurities and overthought assumptions dashed into his mind. "Felix, uhm... how long- how long are we staying on the court?"

"I usually stay for about three hours... is something wrong."

"Three- three hours?" Chan gulped with his words, eyes widening and glossing themselves even more. "It's okay. It's fine... it's okay."

~

Instep tapping anxiously against the concrete, hands clasped prayerfully together on his thighs, and lips stuck harshly in between his restless teeth, Chan kept his eyes on steady focus forward, chest almost hurting from the rate at which his heart was pumping against it.

"Felix?"

"Sana?"

"Is your boyfriend okay?"

Rolling his eyes and scoffing softly to hide the blush growing on his face, Felix glanced over at a rather odd looking teen on one of the benches, tilting his head and arching a brow in concern. "Sana he's not my boyfriend, and to be honest I don't know."

Chuckling and furrowing her own brows, Sana tucked a few loose strands to the back of her ear, narrowing her eyes before speaking again. "How do you not know? I mean, he came with you- but look at him."