01

rewrite :)

THE TOWN WAS FILLED WITH EXCITEMENT AND NERVOUSNESS as everyone anticipated the youngest madrigals gift ceremony for later that day

THE TOWN WAS FILLED WITH EXCITEMENT AND NERVOUSNESS as everyone anticipated the youngest madrigals gift ceremony for later that day. Yet one specific family had been nervously waiting at the towns entrance.

"Do you think shes okay? Shes late by ten minutes.." asked the shortest family member, Yesenia Cruz. Her expression showed concern as her dark eyebrows furrowed. She wore a white ruffled dress with embroidered red flowers on the top. She played with the golden necklace she wore while trying to get her thick brown hair out of it.

"Hija im sure she's fine." the eldest said, Señor Blanco. His blue and white flannel was sticking out of his dark brown pants. He held onto his cane while putting his other hand on his daughters shoulder and giving her a small smile.

Next to them was the tallest of the family, Miguel Cruz. He kept quiet in an attempt to seem calm yet he was panicking inside. He pushed his black glasses up his nose while staring deeply at the entrance.

As Yesenia started talking about going out and finding the youngest Cruz family on her own they heard faint singing from the road. The three quickly ran over to see whom it was. Yesenia let out a breath she didn't she was holding as the family saw a young girl singing and dancing with a dog by her feet.

The girl had black wavy hair, some pieces of her hair were held up with a ribbon on the back in an attempt to keep her hair out of her face which made no use seeing as some pieces stuck out. She had a slightly tan skin with long lashes and light brown eyes that glistened as she sang and smiled. She wore an all white dress with little flowers embroidered onto them. (check the image at the top for a visual) She had light brown lace up huaraches that hugged her ankle. Next to her feet was a puppy that seemed to be a mutt.

"HIJA!" Yesenia exclaimed as she ran towards her daughter and inclosing her in a tight hug

"HIJA!" Yesenia exclaimed as she ran towards her daughter and inclosing her in a tight hug. She gave her a hug back as she waved at her dad and grandfather.