Fifteen

Finnlay's POV

(M.A. Warning)

Since Bree's graduation starts at nine in the morning and I can catch a flight and be at the stadium by three for the game tonight, I am able to join my mom at her graduation. Since it is in Los Angeles it takes a little of the commute away. I'm just excited I get to be here to support her. For some reason regarding lighting malfunction the game has to be pushed back from seven to a nine pm start time. Some sort of electrical nightmare they are hoping to fix by this afternoon. They had to call two major electricians on top of our guys to fix this in record time.

Bree doesn't know I'm here. My mom thought it would be good for me to surprise her today. I made my way to my mom who is waiting by the entrance for me. A few people saw me, especially dads and began pointing. I waved to them to be polite, but really I am here for Bree. Mom and I made our way to a pair of seats and I took a picture to post on social media. I tagged UCLA in it, along with a hashtag that says proud of my sunshine. I noticed Bree went from public to private on instagram and decided to help limit that traffic by not tagging her. That's what Brody says he does with Khloe. Girls like to stalk and find our girls to annoy or start crazy rumors.

Mateo thinks I'm slightly insane for doing what I'm doing, but once he finds someone like Bree he'll think otherwise. I called him on my way here hoping he'd help me get rid of some of the nerves I'm having and he was not help at all. Little asshat.

By the time they got to the S's in the alphabet I was a little out of it. I quickly grabbed my phone and opened the camera to snap pictures of Bree walking across that stage. My mom got up and cheered loudly for her and some people looked over to see the racket. I chuckled and pulled her down to her seat as the ceremony came to a close.

Walking down from our seats to find Bree was getting me nervous. She has no idea I'm here. It's about eleven in the afternoon, and mom wants to get lunch after. Then I'll have to get to the airport.

My phone ringing paused me in the search for Bree. Since I have some height on my mom, I've been trying to find Bree for us. "Hey coach, what's up?"

"Geraldi, see you're in LA right now."

"Yes sir, but I'll be back for gametime."

"You're in luck. The electricians fucked it up. None of the plumbing works now. We can't hold a game, or should I say the owners don't want to hold a game here until they get the concessions and bathrooms working. I said we could play on without fans, but apparently the light switchboard is the cause of everything. Anyway, the game becomes a doubleheader tomorrow. First game at eleven and second one to follow two hours after the first game ends."

No shit.

"Alright. Hopefully they get that fixed overnight."

"You're telling me. I have to go call others, have a good night."

"Thanks coach, you too." While our headcoach and general manager is a stand up guy, you don't want to do anything to piss him off. I thought I was going to be in the dog house for being here. I looked to my mom who was still by me and I pointed up front to where I saw Bree talking to a strawberry blonde woman.

"Everything okay with your coach?"

"Yes, the game got canceled and we'll play the innings tomorrow. That electrical problem just became a big issue."

"Oh look at Bree, she looks gorgeous today."

As we walked up to her, she stopped talking to the strawberry blonde, who looked me up and down. I raised an eyebrow at her as a way to say back off and she raised one in surprise that shows me her sassy attitude.