Twelve

Bree's POV 

I relaxed into Fin as his arms wrapped around my body. After a lot of battle back and forth from Fin and his mom, Nora took the air mattress in the living room. Fin only has a simple condo. It has one bedroom, living room, bathroom, kitchen, little laundry room and entryway. I don't know what I thought, but I definitely would have pegged him to have a whole five bedroom house.

The past few weeks without him were... a lot. We did talk daily, but it also made me realize how much I came to depend on his voice or to hear how his day went. I've been a mess of turmoil. Do I attach or do I forget about him? Laying here with him, my head nestled close to his neck and shoulder I took a deep breath in.

"I missed you. This." Fin said as his fingers trailed my back. I nodded and sat up a bit to look at him. He has a slight scruff going on and his hair is getting longer. I smiled at him and rested my palm on his bare chest. I could tell he is excited to get some action, but with his mom literally right outside this door... nope. Not happening.

Fin cupped my chin and brought my lips to his. I molded mine with his and pulled back with a smirk as he tried to deepen it. "So you usually get home at midnight?"

"Mhm. Right around then or later. If it's a day game sometimes I get home by ten. Not to mention sometimes the guys want to go out for dinner or grab takeout on our way home. Or sometimes Naomi, Eddie's wife, will cook us up some food." I nodded and kept my eyes on him. "Does the schedule still make you nervous? Because I am committed to this. To us." I took in a breath at his revelation. He's been saying it for a while. Since he's left that he wants to do this with me. Be with me. "Enjoy the weekend and we'll talk serious before you head back home. Okay?" I nodded and kissed his lips before snuggling back into my spot.

If I commit to him, is he going to ditch me like everyone else?

⬤⬤⬤

Nora and I drove to the game together. Fin got to the field around 1:30 for the seven o'clock game tonight. It takes him a half hour to get there, so he left after we had some lunch together. While Nora was out walking the cute shops, Fin made us his routine lunch before heading to the stadium. Now it's about five thirty and the gates are about to open.

I was nervous about coming today. Fin said that Naomi, Khloe and Daisy are excited to meet me. I didn't know that he would be talking about me to his teammates wives and girlfriends. Nora kept telling me how awesome it will be to see him play. She always loves the games that Fin asks her to come out to. Nora mentioned she's been to a few San Francisco games since they are only about a two hour drive.

As we walked in Nora made sure to keep all the passes Fin gave us and we were able to get escorted through the ballpark with a security member to a box for the family members and wives. I looked down at my outfit. Plain pair of ripped light jeans, an older Padres T-shirt Fin gave me that I had to tie on the side and a pair of white vans. When Nora opened the door a few others looked over to us and I felt my insecurities sky rocket. The women in this box are gorgeous. Blonde hair, fit bodies, nice outfits, hair is done up while mine is up in a ponytail.

"Hi Nora!" I heard someone call out and Nora began to walk to a woman who is holding a little girl in her arms. They both have brown hair. The little girl has two pigtails and big brown eyes and her mom hair her hair in a bun. I felt a little relief seeing another person with their hair up. There is just something so comfortable and casual about having your hair up versus having it done and down.

"Hi Naomi and Gianna!" Nora gave the little girl, Gianna, a big smile and Gianna gave one back. Naomi looked to me and stuck her hand out for me to shake.