Seventeen

Finnlay's POV 

(M.A. Warning)

Bree is here tonight which is all I can think about as I get into my truck to head home. I want to see if she'll stay for our game series next week. I'm hoping since they are both three game series I can keep her here for the week. All to myself. I haven't seen her since she came down earlier this month.

Now that it is close to the end of June, lots of things are picking up. I'm one of the players to vote for in the All Star game. Few guys think I'm a shoo in since I played the past two years in a row. Not that I'll get it, but if it's true then I have to find a way to get Bree with me. I think a little schmoozing could work.

Walking into my condo I caught Bree making a salad. She looked up at me and I quickly wrapped my arms around her. Standing behind her, with my arms around her, she continued to chop her vegetables. She leaned back into my arms seeking comfort. I've come to love this about her. Her comfort needs to melt into me.

"I have a question to ask you." I kissed her neck and pulled back to lean against the counter. She looked over to me and I knew that was my cue to continue. "Next week, starting on Thursday we have two game series at home. They are both three games each but they are all here. Would you spend the week with me?" I watched as her fingers hesitated with her salad. Pausing she looked up to me and I never wavered in my stare.

"Oh Fin I don't know? Don't you have to pay for the games?"

"Well you wouldn't need to come to them all. I can see when the other girls are going or if they are at all. I care more about coming home to you." Her lips parted in an 'O' formation. I moved closer to her and took her hands in mine. "It'll be fun... we'll have fun."

"Well... okay let me ask Nora. Things are moving rapidly with everything." She let out squeezing my hand.

My mom mentioned that she wants to travel the world. That she wants Bree to take over the store. I think it's great that this business gets to stay so close to us all. "When is the final signing?"

"I'll have most of everything in my name by August first. Nora has already booked things up to September. She is so excited about her explorations. I want to make sure she'll be okay without me for a week."

"Sunshine, my mom ran it by herself for a long time, I think a week without you will be okay." She bit her lip and took a deep breath. "Me and you. All week." I tugged on her belt loop and she let out a big smile.

"Okay... okay you win. I'll run it by your mom and then be here Thursday."

I let out a whoop and lifted her up from the ground. She let out a laugh as I spun us.

⬤⬤⬤

Bree has been with me for the past few days. It's the end of the series with San Francisco. Bree and the girls haven't been to any of these ones but plan to make it to one of the ones against the Dodgers. Since she has been here we've been plenty busy.

My contract for the condo ends this October. I've been thinking about finding something bigger. Either a house or a bigger condo. I'm loving the idea of adding Bree to my daily routine. Usually I do basic things, listen to a podcast while I'm working out and then head to work. I get home and eat or play some video games. Bree and I are making things work so well during my daily routine that I'm beginning to want to have her here all the time.

I talked to Brody the most about this, right above Mateo because he is no help right now. He thinks I'm moving too fast. I'm afraid Eddie will give me the most romantic advice and Alec will give me the most careless of others advice. Brody helps me balance everything. I'm worried I will put too much into this to have her leave me or not think I'll be there for her. I'm also worried that one day I'll wake up and fear the life I've been getting accustomed to. I mean it was only months ago that I was out partying with the single boys and getting drunk enough to sleep with batties. Especially in other cities.