𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗲𝗻:𝗺𝗶𝗱𝘀𝘂𝗺𝗺𝗲𝗿𝘀

TW:ABUSE

Esme had been freaking out the last few days

Esme had been freaking out the last few days. Here was was in jail along with Jj who kept asking her if she was alright every five minutes. She took the fall for Pope who would've been in the same position Jj was in if he hadn't covered for him. So far Natalie or Ricky haven't been around to bail Esme out, which wasn't that shocking. Knowing them they were probably gonna leave her to rot in there to teach her a lesson.

Currently Esme and Jj sat in the sheriffs office both of them looking slightly nervous but hiding it to try and look tough.

"You're like a little rock in my shoe. I shake my foot, I think I've gotten it out, then dang, there it is again." Peterkin said walking inside the office

"Maybe you should watch where you're steppin." Esme suggested.

"That little rock on the back of my heel makes me want to crush it." Peterkin replied making Esme flinch and drop her joking tone.

"Unlawful discharge of a firearm. Trespass on a protected habitat. Felony destruction of property. And for you Esmeralda, assault, breaking and entering, you also got charged with possession of tobacco, and I can't forgot when you broke into the Cameron household and tried to harm Sarah Cameron." Jj raised a brow at Esme who simply looked away in embarrassment.

"If you think we're ratting anyone out, you're wrong." Jj stated.

"I know you're little teen brains doesn't like to think ahead, but I want you to come with me to uncharted territory. The future. How you gonna feel six months from now, sittin' in juvenile prison in Wadesboro? You know these two?" Esme and Jj looked at the pictures and Esme looked away immediately remembering who those people were.

"They......they broke into John B's house, and....then they chased us though the marsh. Other than that, I have no idea." Jj said.

"They tried to kill us." Esme added.

"Here's a more recent photo. Someone gaffed them, used them for chum. Whatcha think, bull shark? Here's the bad news kids. Whoever killed these two men is still out there, and I got reason to believe their next target is a friend of yours....John B. You kids don't think you're the only ones after the royal merchant now, do you? And yeah, I know about that too."

"Shocker." Esme mumbled under her breath.

"Okay Peterkin, I promise you he's not in on it anymore." The girl said straitening up.

"So you say. I'm just trying to keep him safe. I want you to tell your friend John B to come in and talk to me, and let's see if we can keep you out of Wadesboro."

"This is a mess." Esme mumbled rubbing her eyes.

"Lopez, Maybank, your parents are here for you." Esme cursed to herself and stood up, walking out of the office along with Jj. There stood Ricky and Luke, both of them having pissed off expressions on their faces.