𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲:𝘀𝘂𝗽𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗲𝗰𝗿𝗲𝘁 𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗱𝘀𝗵𝗮𝗸𝗲

Esme sat in between Pope and Cleo as she watched JJ nervously pace back and forth on the boat. She wanted to slap the blonde and tell him sit down and take a minute, but he would never listen to her. Especially due to the fact they were currently in the most petty argument of their entire friendship. The two knew that they regretted the words that came out of their mouths but their egos were too big to actually do something about it. So Esme and JJ stole glances at each other, while everyone else was forced to deal with their annoying tension.

"Ok, did we just call this meeting to pace back and forth, or are we actually gonna come up with a plan?" Esme demanded, gaining everyone's attention. "I don't know if anyone realized, but we're in a bit of a situation right now. W—"

"Yeah and who's fault is that?" JJ mumbled bitterly.

"Shut up JJ," Esme spat. "Do I gotta remind you how you almost killed us numerous times?"

"We should've never left him. We're turning back around."

"No! We're all gonna get caught. What type of plan is that?" Cleo argued.

"It's a plan to stick together, Cleo."

"Then we are dead together."

Kie nodded. "She's right. We had to leave, or we'd all be zip tied in the back of a pickup. We did the right thing."

Esme glanced over at Sarah who blankly stared ahead at the ocean in front of them. She felt bad that she was put in such a difficult decision, but both Kie and Cleo were right. If they hadn't left they'd all be dead.

The sound of a phone ringing was what caused Esme to snap out of her trance and look over at Kie.

"Who's that?" JJ questioned.

"It's Portis." She replied.

"Portis? That's definitely John B. Hold on," JJ took the phone out of Kie's hands and answered. "Yo! Dude! Is this you?"

"Put the phone on speaker." Esme ordered, standing up.

JJ did as he was told and soon enough John B's voice was heard. "I said don't worry about me, okay? Look, it's way too hot here. You gotta get out of there. Go back to OBX."

"We do not copy. Can you—"

"Let me talk to him," Now it was Sarah's turn to snatch the phone out of his hands. "John B? Are you okay?"

"Sarah, I'm fine."

"He's fine. Thank god. What happened?"

"I found my dad. He's alive." John B's voice began to break up causing Esme to curse under her breath. This wasn't turning out well at all.

"Wait. What'd you say?" Sarah questioned. John B kept on breaking up until eventually the call ended. Esme only heard one main thing from the boy, and it was to go back to Kildare.

"Kildare. What the hell?" Sarah exclaimed.

"You guys think he found his father?" Cleo questioned.

"He's been missing for almost a year." Pope mentioned.

Esme turned towards Sarah and placed a hand on her shoulder. "What do you think?"

"Sarah, we're sitting ducks right now. We need to make a decision. Are we turning back around, or are we gonna keep going?" JJ demanded. "Sarah, come on. Sarah we need to—"

"Shut up!" Esme shouted at JJ, glaring at him. "Let her think for a second, Jesus."

"He said go!" Sarah spoke.