𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲:𝗿𝗼𝗮𝗱 𝘁𝗿𝗶𝗽!

Esme was currently not in the best mood at the moment

Esme was currently not in the best mood at the moment. For starters, she came face to face with her psycho mom who pretended to act like nothing happened. Then she almost died by drowning and now she was stuck in school taking a test where she currently was cheating off of Popes paper. A small headache was forming due to the fact she was staring at her paper for the past five minutes.

"Mr.Sunn, can I borrow Pope for a minute?" A man questioned walking inside the classroom. Esmes head snapped up from her paper to make eye contact with the man. Eventually Mr.Sunn called Pope out of the classroom and Esme furrowed her brows in confusion. Pope came back in the classroom and turned around in his seat, displaying a letter.

"Is that the wheat symbol?" Kie questioned.

"Yeah." Pope replied.

"What the f.....fudge." Jj had to quickly change up his words in order to not get caught by Mr.Sunn. Esme took the letter from Pope and looked it over, not really knowing what to expect when she opened it.

Which is why after class Esme and the crew followed Pope into the library.

"Pope, I will slap you with a textbook if you don't tell me what the hell is going on." Esme threatened.

"Okay, so that guy was from the scholarship committee. Take a look at this. Read it." Jj snatched the letter out of Popes hands and opened it.

"I can't read cursive." Jj whispered causing Esme to groan and throw her head back. She then took the letter and started to read it out loud instead.

"Dear Mr.Heyward, I am reaching out because I have material evidence that can exonerate John B. Routledge. It is of vital importance that you come meet with me in person at my offices 27 King Street, Charleston at 8:00 p.m. sharp tonight. Please come alone. Regards, C.Limbrey."

"Charleston?" Jj questioned just as confused as everyone else

"I know. It's an eight hour drive plus the ferry. How are we gonna get there by tonight?"

"We'd have to leave right now."

Esme read the letter over and over again as the group behind her discussed possible ideas to getting to Charleston.

Later that day Esme was parked in front of Kies house as she was having an intense argument with her parents.

"Hey. We figured we should get you something for the trip." Pope turned around in his seat and pulled out Esme's famous bow and arrow causing her to gasp.

"Shit, how did you get it back?"

"Eh, it wasn't that hard considering the fact everyone was too focused on John B to remember to put this weapon away." Pope explained shrugging. Esme laughed and kissed Pope before turning around and facing forward.

"This shit would be so much easier without parents." Kie mentioned after finally getting into the car. Esme couldn't help but feel a pang in her heart when Kie said those words. All she wanted was parents who cared enough to know where she was going and how she was getting there. Most teenagers would be happy to have freedom and free reign over anything. But to Esme, that freedom felt like loneliness after a while.