𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲:𝗽𝗹𝗮𝗻𝗲 𝗰𝗿𝗮𝘀𝗵𝗲𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗸𝗶𝗱𝗻𝗮𝗽𝗽𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀

For the first time in a while, Esme was sleeping peacefully. Normally she would wake up in cold sweat or just not sleep at all, but this was different. She felt at peace, and it was the best feeling in the world. Her head rested on Popes chest, listening to his slow heartbeat. Maybe that was the reason why she felt so good. For the last few weeks, Esme and Pope had been sleeping apart instead of together. The main reason was because when they first arrived on the island Esme really didn't want anybody touching her, especially in her sleep. Pope respected that completely so he slept a few feet away from her to make her comfortable.

But after their conversation the previous night they had seemingly grown closer, Esme finally allowing him in her space. She hadn't realized how much she missed him until she laid her head on his chest that night.

"Esme," Pope whispered, shaking the girl awake. "Meralda wake up. There's a plane."

At first Esme ignored Pope, squeezing her eyes shut and trying to lull herself back to sleep. But when Popes words had fully settled in her brain she shot up, staring up at the sky. Sure enough there was a plane that was flying right over the island.

"Oh my god." Esme mumbled. Pope had already started to make a run towards the hill where a bunch of branches and logs were set up in case they needed to start a fire and call for help. Esme quickly ran a hand through her hair and grabbed her bow and arrow before sprinting after her boyfriend.

Cleo had woken up as well and once she caught sight of the plane she ran to help Esme and Pope start the fire.

"Shoot your arrow." Pope suggested to Esme, nodding her head towards the bow and arrow that was clutched tightly in her hands.

"Are you sure? The plane is too high up. I don't think they'll see it."

Cleo shrugged. "You won't know if you don't try."

Esme hesitated before slowly raising up her bow and arrow, shooting at the sky. It only went up a few dozen feet before crashing into the ocean below. She sighed, realizing that most likely did no good.

Pope and Cleo started to shout, begging for any help. Esme however remained silent and glanced at JJ who wore the same facial expression she did. The both of them didn't want to leave, for they knew if they went back home they would have a shit ton of problems on their hands.

Restitution, foster care, hell, they may even loose their houses. Which is why Esme was a little relived when the plane missed the island, continuing to fly forward. It was selfish and horrible, but Esme couldn't help herself.

"Oh my god. The plane is turning around." Pope breathed, causing Esme's eyes to widen.

You've got to be kidding me.

She knew she had to be happy for Pope, so she forced the biggest grin she could muster and hugged both Pope and Cleo.

The trio ran over to the pond where the plane had landed. Esme moved back to stand with JJ, a weary expression on her face. She didn't trust what was going on one bit. For all they know this could just be a trap and an attempt for Ward to get what he wanted.

"Well well. What do we got here?" A man asked, stepping off the plane with a grin on his face. Esme clutched her bow and arrow tightly, anxiety bubbling in the pit of her stomach.

"You know, just some castaways." John B replied.

"Well I'll cross that off the bucket list. Uh, hang on. I got just the thing for y'all."

Esme and Sarah shared a look, neither of them trusting the man one bit.

Pope had walked up to his girlfriend and pulled her close in hopes it would calm her down. "I know what you're thinking. He's not with the Camerons, ok? He's gonna help us."