𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲:𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗹𝗱 𝗰𝗮𝗺𝗲 𝗰𝗿𝗮𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗱𝗼𝘄𝗻

After the altercation with Topper, everything seemed to have been going back to semi normal

After the altercation with Topper, everything seemed to have been going back to semi normal. John B and Sarah were talking on the hammock and Kie and JJ were god knows where. Esme laid back on the couch as she twirled one of her arrows in her hand.

"Hey, Esme, can you look up the "island room", the Royal Merchant", and "Denmark Tanny" please?" Pope questioned as he was cleaning his key. Esme just nodded before pulling out her phone and starting to type the words in. However a sigh soon escaped from her lips as she placed her phone down and looked at her boyfriend.

"Hey, I never really got a chance to like, fully apologize for me running off and doing the stupid jailbreak plan. I'm pretty sure some crazy shit went down and you needed me there." Esme mentioned and Pope just shook his head, not meeting her gaze.

"You already apologized. It's fine."

"BS, Pope. I know you. Deep down I know you wanna scream and shout at me, but you can't because you love me too much to get mad. And I would be a shitty girlfriend if I just brushed aside your feelings and acted like everything was fine. So I'm sorry. I'm so sorry and i promise I'll stick by you for whatever you need."

"Yeah. Ok."

Esme just frowned at this and continued to play with the arrow in her hand. Jj ran over to the two who were now in awkward silence.

"Pope! Pope! Just got a call from Guffy. Something happened to your pops." JJ informed causing Esme's eyes to quickly widen. The two then ran along with JJ as Kie called for John B and Sarah.

When they reached Heyward Esme was pacing back and forth with pure fury written all over her face. It was obvious who did this. Renfield and Limbrey.

"Let me know if I'm hurting you." Sarah said as she placed the bandage on Heywards head.

"You're doing fine. Thank you darlin'." Heyward assured.

"Pop, what happened?" Pope demanded as he stood in front of his dad.

"Oh, I should've known better. He came in just as I was about to lock up. Caught me by surprise. Once he had me down he put his knee to my chest and he asked me about that......that....that key from that drawing you showed me. And in case you're wondering, I ain't tell him nothing. Now did you track it down?" Heyward explained. Pope pulled out the key from his pocket and handed it over to his dad.

"I found it in Mee-Maws old apartment above the pharmacy like you said."

"Shit, boy, you should've gave this to me. I wouldn't have had to take a beating. What's the big deal? It ain't worth anything. Why they want it so bad?"

"I don't know. First I get this letter telling me that I need to go to Charleston. And then I meet a rich lady who wants me to give her a key that I didn't even know was in my family."

"I hit the rich lady with her cane." Esme mentioned as she walked forward.

"Esme hit the rich lady with her cane." Pope agreed with a nod of his head.