𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗼𝗻𝗲:𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗿𝘂𝘁𝗵 𝗺𝗮𝘆 𝗼𝗿 𝗺𝗮𝘆 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝘀𝗲𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗳𝗿𝗲𝗲

The day after the bonfire, the only thing Esme wanted to do at the moment was sleep

The day after the bonfire, the only thing Esme wanted to do at the moment was sleep. And eat, but sleep always came first in her book. Which is why John B was nice enough to lend her an air mattress so she can sleep as long as she wanted. After all, she kind of deserved it after saving everyone's asses the night before.

"Morning Esme." Sarah greeted, making Esme jump back and fell off of her air mattress. Last time she checked, Sarah didn't spend the night at the chateau. And why the hell was she even here? Esme figured the last place she would wanna be is around John B after everything that happened.

"Hi." Esme mumbled, Pope walking over to help her up and dust her off. Sarah and John B went back and forth for a little while, until Esme finally yelled at them to get to the damn point.

"I think I found the island room." She stated making everyone except Esmes eyes widen.

"Is this a good or bad thing? Cause I kinda blanked out after last night." Esme mentioned.

"Oh my god." John B mumbled.

"Yeah babe, it's a good thing. Amazing thing, actually." Pope kissed the side of her head and wrapped an arm around her shoulders.

"Oh. Then what the fuck are we waiting for?"

In the van, Esme was studying for her chemistry test coking up while pope was reading from a piece of paper.

"Hey guys, check this out. The diary says the cross holds the most holy relic in all of Christendom, the Garmet of the savior."

"So wait, there's a holy garment inside the cross?" Kie questioned.

"Yeah. It says the garment is capable of healing the sick from any malady."

"Mmm, yeah. "If only I may touch his garment, I shall be made well."" Jj mentioned.

"Do you even understand what you just said?" Esme scoffed out with a roll of her eyes.

"What? I went to Sunday school."

"Well, that explains why Limbrey wants the cross so bad. She thinks it can heal her."

Pope continued to read off the paper, not that Esme was listening to a word he was saying. Instead of studying now, she was on her phone and staring at her moms contact. It had been so long since she had tried to talk to her, but now that Mario was dead her mom kinda sorta deserved to know the truth.

"Hey, stay here. Scream if you see anyone." John B instructed. Esme nodded and frowned, upset she was being put on watch duty. Pope kissed her forehead and got out of the car along with everyone else. Once Esme was alone, she pressed her phone to ear and let out a shaky sigh.

"So uh, what's up Natalie? Yeah, I don't really feel like calling you mom anymore. That's a title for someone who deserves it, and if you can't tell, you don't. Anyways, don't know if you're sober enough to care, but I need to talk to you. Like, as soon as possible. I'm talking, call me back as soon as you get this and tell me where you are. Not even gonna say please because once again, you don't deserve it. Ok. Bye."