𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲:𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗹𝗸𝗲𝗿 𝗮𝗹𝗲𝗿𝘁, 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗹𝗸𝗲𝗿 𝗮𝗹𝗲𝗿𝘁

Despite now having her bow and arrow, Esme still felt on edge as she sat on a ferry with the rest of her friends. Pope occasionally rubbed her knee, his attempt at reassuring her that everything was going to be alright. Nothing was going to be alright. Not as long as Esme kept fearfully glancing around the boat, her blood running cold each time someone who resembled Rafe walked past her. Cleo was the only one who seemed to take notice of how anxious she truly was, yet she made no effort to call it out.

"Honestly, the hardest part is gonna be security, all right?" JJ stated. "So most of the guys are gonna be at the rail yard."

"We'll need to find some place and guard it." Pope agreed with a nod. "Maybe a little further down the line, like a whistle-stop."

"You guys are getting ahead of yourselves per usual," Cleo commented. "We don't have a way to transport the cross. What you think? On JJ's motorcycle?"

"That's not my fault. Oh, everyone. Alright, on me." JJ uttered.

"Okay, other options." Pope spoke. Esme held her head in her hands for a moment, trying to come up with a valid plan that won't get anybody killed.

"Oh my god." Sarah gaped, everyone suddenly turning their attention to who Sarah was looking at. A loud scoff escaped Esme's lips as she faced Topper, who seemed to be talking with a man by the bar. Of course someone from her messed up past just had to come back and haunt her, especially when she was already struggling to keep her sanity together for the sake of both her boyfriend and friends.

"Why....is he everywhere?" Kie questioned, basically saying what everyone else had been thinking at the moment.

"Perfect," Pope slowly nodded, turning his head towards both JJ and Esme. "Hey, Jayj, Esme. I bet you Topper has a way to transport the cross."

"Actually, Popes right. He does have a rig." JJ agreed.

Sarah immediately shook her head at the suggestion. "No."

"Yes."

"No. Absolutely not."

"You already got him whipped anyway, so why don't you just take one for the team?" JJ added.

"What would John B say?"

"I think John B will completely understand. Think about the circumstances. It's about treasure." Pope replied.

"We can handle John B. Just talk to him." Kie spoke up. Sarah eventually got up and made her way over to Topper, causing Esme to shoot her a satisfied smile and thumbs up.

Minutes had passed before Sarah then turned her attention over to the pouges, sending them a smile which let them Joe that her plan was a success.

                     *********
"Yo," JJ whispered loudly, gaining the attention of Esme who had climbed up onto one of the trains. The sun had long fallen down since the time on the ferry, and Esme couldn't be anymore exhausted at the moment. Her eyes occasionally drooped, causing her to lean forward slightly and almost fall off the train. Luckily JJ was kind enough to catch her, making sure she stood upright. "Dude, you're completely out of it."

"I'm well aware," Esme snapped, regretting her words seconds later. "Sorry, I'm just really tired."

"Well now would be a good time to pull yourself together," JJ replied, not even noticing the way Esme's face fell at his words. "We got a mission to deal with. Cant have you falling asleep with your bow and arrow in your hand."

Esme couldn't understand why she felt such hurt at that moment, for she had been telling herself the same exact thing JJ told her seconds ago. She had no time to be exhausted, to want to curl up into her bed and drift off into the dream world. Perhaps it was because she was hoping for one person, just at least one person to truly notice how she was feeling at that moment and tell her that it was all going to be alright. Not even Pope, the love of her life had checked in with her. Esme wasn't all that surprised however. She was the one hiding herself away from everyone after all.