𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆:𝗻𝗼𝗿𝘁𝗵 𝗰𝗮𝗿𝗼𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗮 𝗶𝗻𝘀𝘁𝗶𝘁𝘂𝘁𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘁𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗯𝗹𝗲𝗱 𝗴𝗶𝗿𝗹𝘀

It may have been weeks

Maybe even months.

Esme couldn't tell anymore. She's been locked up in this hellhole for so long she can't even keep track of the days anymore.

North Carolina Institute for Troubled Youth. Or NCITY for short. Esme hated it there. All they did was belittle her and not give a damn about her existence. There were a few prison guards who were nice to her, but most of them were just major dickheads. After turning herself in to the cops, the judge sent Esme away without asking any questions. Now she was stuck in a completely different state with complete strangers.

Esme missed John B and Sarah.

She missed Kie.

She missed Jj.

And oh how much she missed Pope. Words wouldn't be able to describe how much she missed him. All Esme wanted was to be in his arms again as he read her books she would never be able to understand. The pain of laying in bed without him was too much to bear.

The worse part?

The Cameron family minus Sarah were walking around as if nothing happened. As if they didn't drive John B and Sarah to their deaths and as if they didn't throw a sixteen year old girl in prison for a crime that can also be known as self defense. Esme was furious. Furious that she had to put up with his for so long. Furious she couldn't be happy with the ones she loved and draw her heart out.

"Lopez, it's lunch time." Her favorite guard Selena said opening her cell door. Selena gave her books to read and consoled Esme through her mini mental breakdowns and panic attacks. She was like the mom Esme always wanted.

"Can't I just stay in here and eat? It's what I did the last time." Esme mentioned as she picked herself up off her filthy bed. The cleaning here was horrible and Esme saw about fifty roaches in one day.

"Sorry kid, I got in trouble for letting you do that the last time." Selena replied ruffling Esmes hair as she stepped out of her cell. Esme let out a low moan of pain and stretched, causing low pops and cracks to be heard. The sound of loud chatter and laughter caused Esme's heart to race, but Selena placed a hand on her back in comfort.

"There are guards surrounding the place 24/7. You'll survive Lopez." Esme couldn't help but weakly nod and step into the cafeteria. A few eyes fell on her and a few others grinned, laughing at Esme's awkward and scared stance.

"They're laughing at me. Can I just eat in my cell?" Esme begged turning back around to face Selena.

"Come on Lopez. You took down grown ass police officers with a bow and fucking arrow and now you're scared of being laughed at? Here, think of him." Selena pulled out a picture of Pope and Esme causing her  eyes to widen. Esme remembered John B snapping the photo when they were watching a sunset on top of the chateau. Esme was grinning widely at the camera while resting her head on Popes shoulder while he had his arm wrapped around her grinning as well. The glow of the sunset made Pope look even better, and Esme didn't even know she was crying until tears fell onto the photo.