𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻:𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗹𝗮𝘄 𝘃𝘀. 𝗲𝘀𝗺𝗲

All hell was breaking loose and Esme didn't know how to take it

All hell was breaking loose and Esme didn't know how to take it. The cops were looking for John B and Sarah and if Esme was caught she could be an accomplice to murder since she was at the scene. Despite the fact no charges were brought on her it was still a possibility which freaked her out like no other.

All night the pouges had been driving around in the van looking for a good hiding spot. So when they found one Esme couldn't be anymore exhausted. Her head rested on Popes shoulder as she was drifting in and out of sleep. The bow and arrow sat in her hands in case anyone tried to try anything.

"Let's game this out. Maybe you guys can help, being the smart ones and all, but....who are the cops gonna believe? Ward Cameron or us?" Jj asked suddenly.

"They're gonna believe the rich white man, that's for sure." Esme mumbled taking a drag from her cigarette. She tried her best to quit, but when stressful situations came upon her smoking was the first thing she could think of.

"Esme's right. The accuser is a big shot developer, kind of lord of the island, got the governor on speed dial kind of person, and the accused....is John B, who is pretty much a homeless 16-year-old boy at the moment." Jj explained. Esme rolled her eyes and held her head in her hands.

"Thanks for the recap Jj, really appreciate it."

"Shit." Pope muttered just as equally stressed as everyone else.

"All right. Yucatán all right? I'm saying that's the only option. What other option do you have?"

"Enough with the Mexico bullshit. Sarah's gonna bail me out." John B spoke.

"She did witness the whole thing. And Esme was there too. She could testify."

"Yeah but I could go to jail too. Ward can argue I attacked his family which would break my probation and land me in jail." Esme argued.

"Plus is Sarah gonna snitch on her brother?" Pope added. Esme ran her hands through her hair and let out a puff of smoke. This was bad. A lot of outcomes could come out of this and none were looking good.

"Not happening, bro. Okay? We've gotta get you off the island."

"The ferry. It's the only way." Pope mentioned and Esme nodded.

"I can run by my place and get you some cash as well."

"What? Esme, your house is dangerous right now." John B said.

"Whatever. I haven't seen Natalie or Ricky in days anyway. It's a simple process. Get in and get out."

"Dude, you could get seriously hurt." Jj interfered causing Esme to scoff.

"Oh please. Nothing that hasn't happened before. Here's the plan. Ricky keeps all his drug money under Natalie's bed in a shoebox. Now, he's not gonna think to go to my place in case I snitched to the cops. Which means it's open season. I grab the money, and meet you at whatever destination y'all come up with.."