𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻:𝗶𝘁 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗳𝗲𝗹𝗹 𝗱𝗼𝘄𝗻

Esmeralda has assumed that after a very long two hour shower (which was severely going to damage her water bill in the future), she would be able to forget about the altercation she had with JJ mere hours prior. In all of the ten years that they were fortunate enough to be friends, they had never argued to the point where it turned into a full on screaming match. Esme wished she could say she regretted what went down, but in all honesty she truly didn't. She had been holding in the pain she felt ever since arriving on the island, and if she hadn't got it out when she did it would've ate her up until there was nothing left.

Esmeralda had considered calling JJ back many times, wanting to have at least a small conversation with him and explain why she said what she said. She wasn't sorry, but she couldn't afford to loose JJ as a friend either. He had been there for her in her darkest times, even when she had screamed at him at the top of her lungs to leave her alone. But everytime she called, he never answered. When she texted, he never answered. Hell, she even tried to leave him voicemails (which she had never once attempted in her life, claiming that was only for old people), and she never got anything back. It got to the point where Esme assumed the only solution would be to just leave things be and go about her life, for there truly wasn't anything else she could do. There was no way in hell that she was going over to JJ's house, seeing as police were most likely posted at his house for god knows what reason.

And that's how Esme ended up walking around Mike and Anna Carreras anniversary party, an event she was even shocked she got an invite too. Nonetheless, it was a good distraction from her hell hole of a life with damn good food to go along with it. Esme cursed at the pain that shot through her feet as she walked around in the much too uncomfortable heels Sarah was nice enough to lend her. The last time she had even wore such an outfit was during midsummers, and that night was a disaster in itself, considering that was the night she officially hated her mother for good.

"Esmeralda," Mike greeted, walking over towards the Lopez teenager who had slowly turned around at the sound of his voice. She hated it when people used her full name, but it wasn't as if she truly had any room to complain. She had just got back in good graces with Pope and Kie's parents, the last thing she wanted to do was break that. Speaking of Pope, the two hadn't spoken in what felt like an eternity, even though it had only been a couple of days. But Pope and Esme were the kind of couple where they didn't need to be around each other every second of every day. There were times where they worked better alone, and that was completely alright to them. Though Esme did have to make a mental note to give him a call whenever she got a chance. "I'm glad to see you could make it tonight."

"Glad I was invited," Esme hummed, crossing her arms over her chest. "I'm a little shocked though, considering the fact you hated my guts a few weeks ago."

"Yeah, well, I still do, if I'm being honest. But you saved my daughter more times than I can count, so I figured the least I could do was invite you to something that's special to our family."

Esme's eyes widened at his words, not expecting the conversation to go this route at all. She was fully prepared to curse Mike out, even if it led to her getting kicked out of the party. "Oh. Well, uh, Kie is my friend, so of course I'll save her. I'll save her a million times if needed."

"Yeah, and I appreciate that," Mike stepped forward, Esme crossing her arms over her chest once more before stepping back until her back hit one of the tables. "But I'm gonna make this as clear and quick as possible. You may be able to hang around my daughter, but if you ever put her in any sort of danger, I'll personally have you thrown back in prison myself. Do I make myself clear, Esmeralda?"

"Crystal." Esme gritted out. She wanted to punch something or somebody until her knuckles were a bloody mess. Instead she remained frozen in place as Mike scoffed and walked away, leaving her alone once more. What the actual fuck was that? Did Esme seriously allow herself to become intimidated by Mike Carrera of all people, the same man that had gotten his ass beat by her father back when they were still in high school together? Esme shook off the feelings that were brewing up inside of her by downing an entire glass of sparkling cider that was much too bitter for her liking. Fuck.