Panic (MLBxDC)

Marinette Al-Ghul Wayne woke up in a panic.
For a second she was flailing, before she got enough of a grip on herself to stay calm.

Where was she?

Looking around, she saw her friends, Chloe, Alix, Kagami, Luka, all on the floor.

We're they dead?!

No, no, they weren't, Marinette tried to reassure herself. They weren't dead.
This was a sleepover. No reason to panic.

After all, it was just a nightmare.

Her mother wasn't here.
Marinette's mother, Talía, had never been kind to her, but after one particular training incident, it got worse.
Marinette often had nightmares about the cruel woman she called mother.

It hadn't stopped when her and her twin Damian had gone to Gotham, although, it had gotten better, and she was able to calm herself down better..

And then she'd gone to Paris.

Paris had been fine.
Until the Akuma attacks started and she was forced to become a super heroine again.
And then Lila... the whole class hated her...

"-ette?"
"Marinette?"
A voice asked, jailing her back into reality.

Glancing up, she was greated with the faces of her best friends.

Gasping, Marinette began attempting to talk.

"I, im, so sorry." She wheezed, before realizing they probably couldn't understand her panic ridden voice.

Placing her hand against her neck, Marinette felt for her pulse.

After a bit, her breathing calmed down, and tears came to her eyes.
This wasn't logical.