Chapter 10: Toad Terminator

Anne tossed and turned in her bed, clutching her blankets as she tried to keep her eyes shut. Normally, she'd have the vision of that gladiator again or...happy, lovely dreams. There was also this one REALLY weird dream involving Marcy, but we don't talk about that one.

"W...Who are you...?" Anne mumbled in her sleep, turning in her bed again, the side of her head against her pillow. The Plantars had actually gotten her a bed after she had spent so long in Amphibia...but it wasn't as comfortable as usual.

In her dream, she was in a completely orange void...staring face to face with someone. Anne was paralyzed at the sight of their horrifying face and reached for her sword, but it wasn't there. She looked up...her powers weren't working.

The person she was staring at was a black demon of some kind in armor, with two sets of horns. Two on each side of its head. It wore armor, with a glowing orange eye on its chest. And its black face had nearly 9 orange eyes...with a green gem on its forehead. The demon itself...looked incomplete. Its horns were either too big or too small, or even merged with each other. Like it needed one more thing to be finished.

Anne stepped back, but that's when she felt something oozing across her boots. She looked down and saw the orange void was practically gluing itself to her feet. Anne screamed, trying to move, but she was stuck. She kept trying to break free, but to no avail.

"WHO ARE YOU?!?" Anne shrieked at the demon, still trying to free herself. She was terrified, yet her powers weren't working.

The demon kept staring at her, its back now hunched like it was some kind of zombie. 

Anne screamed, feeling her boots completely covered. The orange ooze was BURNING, like fires and the more it covered Anne's legs, she just screamed in both pain and fear. The ooze continued, oozing its way across her body.

The demon took a step forward before its eyes grew, as if it was signaling something.

The ooze suddenly stopped at the demon's command, and Anne was now completely stuck. She screamed again, feeling the burning feeling of this strange substance. "L-LET ME OUT!!! L-LET ME OUT, PLEASE!!!!"

The demon was silent...before it perked its head and turned around.

A person attacked him, completely pink with no facial features or physical features other than her hair, which matched the rest of her body. She wielded a sword. The person screamed, slashing at the demon, who just lifted its wrist to block the attack.

The person growled before thrusting the sword forward, but the demon swung its hand, shattering the sword before it could touch it.

The demon's eyes glowed bright before it threw its hand towards the person, wrapping its fingers tightly around the person's neck, watching her choke and scream.

Anne just watched in horror, still feeling the burning get hotter and hotter until she felt like she was on fire. 

The demon heard both of their screams...and seemed thrilled before slowly turning its head to Anne, staring into her blue eyes with its orange ones as it strangled the girl in pink.

and seemed thrilled before slowly turning its head to Anne, staring into her blue eyes with its orange ones as it strangled the girl in pink