Chapter 36: Burning Bright

Sasha and Darcy's clash quickly broke with Darcy eventually swinging her sword, blasting Sasha with a vortex of orange energy.

The Toad Queen was sent flying, crashing into the wall. She grunted before throwing her hammer like a boomerang and summoning a pair of dual swords as she charged at Darcy.

Darcy sliced the hammer in half before charging, and the two quickly engaged in a sword fight. Pink and orange energy clashed again and again before Darcy uppercutted Sasha and then headbutted her with her horns.

Sasha crashed back onto the floor, but flew back up and slashed again and again, only to be knocked down again. Darcy would continue to knock Sasha down over and over, but The Toad Queen would refuse to stay down.

Darcy flew up in the air before seeing Anne's unconscious body and then blasting at it, but Sasha defended her friend and slashed the beam, effectively deflecting it.

"I have darkened galaxies! And when you are all destroyed, the darkness will envelop everyone!" Darcy boomed, blasting at Sasha again.

Sasha turned one of her swords into a shield and blocked the beam. She then laughed. "S-So, that's your plan? To make everything dark?! We'll survive!"

Darcy grinned. "Oh, no! Once you and Heart are dead? The darkness will envelop EVERYONE until they are one with it! Everything will be The Night!!!"

Sasha growled as she pushed back against Darcy and then charged, pushing the beam until Darcy stopped firing.

Darcy then used her telekinesis to slam Sasha back down. She blasted at Anne again with her laser eyes, only for Sasha to somehow block it again.

Sasha breathed heavily before she turned her sword and shield into a single hammer and lunged at Darcy one more time, smashing it across her face and then kicking her onto the floor.

Darcy caught herself with her mechanical arms before she could hit the ground. She then shot her mechanical arms at Sasha, who started smashing or slashing at them.

Sasha knew she wouldn't be able to win, she just had to keep Darcy occupied long enough for Anne to free Marcy. She just hoped she'd be able to hold her off for that long.

Darcy then unleashed a devastating storm of green energy arrows, firing them at Sasha. One of them grazed her shoulder and she cried out in pain, only to get hit by one in her other shoulder. Sasha panted before grabbing the arrow and ripping it out.

Sasha then SLAMMED her hammer down, creating a massive shockwave that even sent Darcy stumbling before she flew up again and sent out blasts of orange energy. Sasha flew all across the room at super speed, deflecting or turning her hammer into a sword and slashing them.

Darcy then finally blasted Sasha down onto the ground again, flying right above her. "Don't get up. It's for your own good."

Sasha refused to obey, raising her arm, only to be blasted back down. She tried again, but was then slashed. She tried again and again, and no matter what Darcy did, she would keep trying to get back up.

Darcy snarled. "YOU REALLY ARE JUST LIKE NOVA AND KATHERINE." 

Sasha got back to her feet after so many attempts, now PULSING with pink energy. Her voice than overlapped with two again. "BECAUSE I AM THEM. AND I'LL DO ANYTHING TO PROTECT MY FRIENDS AND STOP YOU!!!"

Darcy clenched her fist before blasting at Sasha again.

Sasha tumbled, but flew back up...her hand suddenly turned completely pink, and it was spreading to her arm. "I WILL NEVER GIVE UP UNTIL YOU'RE THE ONE FALLING!!!"