Chapter 29: Superweapon

(This one's a long one-)

It had been a few days ever since Sasha started this rebellion. And twice every day, she had been fighting Andrias' machines. There were all kinds, and she...was exhausted. With her powers, she could fight with ease. But without them, she wasn't strong...enough, at least. If she had her powers, she would've smashed Andrias' head in and then tear apart The Core into mechanical pieces until it was physically impossible for him to come back.

She clenched the table a bit before seeing someone hop in. The baker's daughter, Maddie. "I got the potions you requested, chief."

Sasha sighed in relief before nodding. "Thanks, Maddie...y'know, I didn't think frogs could do magic."

Maddie gave a creepy/cute smile. "What can I say? Magic's everywhere."

Sasha then looked at one of the potions. They were essentially grenades, make it easier to deal with some of the smaller robots that were sent out to them. She then looked at Maddie. "Any sign of more soldiers?"

"Soldiers from Toad Tower and refugees from Newtopia. But other than that, no sign of the Toad Lords or other frogs from Frog Valley." Maddie sighed.

Sasha hummed. "Andrias has probably gotten them captive...dammit." She sighed. "I need some coffee."

"I...actually think you need rest." Maddie said, pointing to the massive bags under Sasha's eyes.

Sasha turned. "Maddie, I'm fine. WHO NEEDS SLEEP ANYWAY?" She said with an insane laugh before slapping herself. "I'm fine, I'm totally fine."

Maddie blinked before shrugging it off and leaving. And that's when Grime came in with a few battle plans. "Alright, some of the spies came back."

"Awesome!" Sasha exclaimed. "What news do they have?!"

Grime gulped. "Well...the robots are being built at an alarming rate. And there's rumors going amongst the robots that Andrias and The Night is building some kind of superweapon."

Sasha's eyes twitched before she faceplanted on the table.

Grime's eyes softened. "Sasha, you've been doing so much for DAYS. This rebellion needs you to be at full strength. Please rest."

"I AM at full strength." Sasha said, stumbling a bit since she was so tired.

Grime walked over. "Sasha. Go to sleep. I will handle things from here."

Sasha narrowed her eyes. "I'm not failing all of you again...I'm not failing her...NEVER."

Meanwhile...

Darcy looked at her superweapon, watching the last piece become attached. Her armor was almost complete too. Things were going well. She'd be able to launch her attacks in a week or so.

Andrias then stepped in. "My lord...you summoned me?"

Darcy smirked wider. "Ah, Andrias...do you remember what I said a few days ago? That I do not take failure lightly?"

Andrias gulped. "Y...Yes?"

Darcy turned to him, her 10 orange eyes glowing brightly as her mechanical arms came out of her body, slithering like snakes towards Andrias.

Andrias became terrified, standing up and backing up. One of the mechanical arms shut the door behind Andrias, while reaching behind him.

Darcy cackled. "You've failed over two times to kill Sasha...and you could hardly fight Anne Boonchuy. King Andrias...you are being let go. That crown of yours no longer belongs to you."