Chapter 30: Cloaker's History

It had been a few days ever since Cloaker's attempt to kill Anne. And Anne, well, was kind of a wreck. She didn't feel very safe, and she wasn't aware how to even use her powers. She didn't WANT to leave the house.

Add that with the trauma she had of watching her best friend and crush get stabbed right in front of her, and she's all set.

The Boonchuys and The Plantars were obviously very worried about her. They were also incredibly on guard in case Cloaker tried to attack again.

Polly sighed, still holding Frobo's head. "If you were still here, you could've helped us...I'm sorry we didn't help you..."

Mr. Boonchuy then came out. "Well. Anne's fallen asleep." He sighed. "But, she's doing...a little better."

"We should try and get her into therapy." Mrs. Boonchuy suggested before sighing. "That will be difficult because no one else can know about these killer robots and frog people."

Hop Pop's eyes softened. "Is there anything we can do to help you?"

"You already are. Just by being there for her." Mr. Boonchuy said. "Get some rest. Tomorrow's another day."

They nodded and headed to a guest room, while Sprig just sighed. He was still somewhat injured from that blast, but he felt like he could've done more.

If Anne still had her powers, then she could've destroyed Cloaker. If THEY had powers, then they could've done something. Now, the Boonchuys had to worry about not only their traumatized daughter, but finding a way to get them back to Amphibia so they could save it AND Earth.

And they hadn't even REALIZED the last part yet.

Sprig kept trying to think as his sister and grandfather fell asleep. There had to be something. Anything.

Wait...this was HEART's world. And the world where the Calamity Box was. There had to be something. Sprig then snuck out of bed and into Anne's room.

Anne snored softly, cuddled up in a yellow blanket. She seemed to be having...a nightmare. She whimpered, clutching the blanket. "N...No..."

Sprig gasped softly and hopped over. Not knowing what to do, he gently shook her. "A-Anne?"

Anne's eyes snapped open and she shot up, breathing heavily. She then took a giant sigh of relief. "O-Oh, thank g-god...just...a n-nightmare-"

Then? Sprig hugged her, not saying another word. Anne looked down and then hugged back, holding Sprig close with a small sniffle.

"...t-thanks." Anne whispered.

Sprig smiled. "Spranne against the world."

After comforting and tucking her in, Anne went back to sleep. Sprig sighed before grabbing Anne's computer and then looking up something that would give him information about Earth's history.

The museum. He remembered that creepy wax guy owned something like that.

Sprig then looked up where the most near one was and then hummed. He then looked at Anne and sighed. "I'm gonna do something. I have too...but now a disguise."

Even though the museum was closed, he was desperate. So, he got a disguise to go along with it. A blue and green outfit with a hood and goggles over his outfit, and a yellow scarf over his mouth so no one could tell he was a frog.

He then headed out, grabbing some supplies (or things he thought were weapons) and ran off into the night.

Unaware glowing and robotic orange eyes were watching him. Cloaker hummed before seeing someone follow Sprig. He grinned. "Awww, how cute. Time to MURDER a child."