Chapter 16: Off to Newtopia

"The mountains have finally cleared up!" Hop Pop said, getting everything on the cart. "We can finally start heading to...NEWTOPIA! People there surely should be able to find a way to get Anne home!"

Sprig nodded. "And Anne's other friend...who is probably evil."

Polly narrowed her eyes. "First off, that's kinda rude. And second, how do you know Anne's friend is even there?"

Sprig looked at his sister. "You don't see the patterns?"

Hop Pop hopped down. "Whaddya talkin' about, boy?"

"Uhhh, the obvious pattern? Anne's wearing Heart's armor and has her powers and landed in Frog Valley. Sasha the Tyrant's wearing Strength's armor, has her powers, and landed in Toad Tower!" Sprig said. "I think it's safe to assume the other friend is wearing Wit's armor, has her powers, and landed in Newtopia."

Polly blinked. "...so, she's gonna die like Wit did?"

"POLLY!" Sprig and Hop Pop cried out.

Anne then flew out, seeming pumped. "WOO! I AM SO READY- wait, what's this about Wit?" She asked, landing down.

"Ehhh, we'll tell you on the way." Hop Pop said, hopping onto the cart.

Anne tilted her head. "On the way? To...wait! WE'RE-?!"

"Going to Newtopia to get you home!" Hop Pop smiled.

Anne squealed, zooming over and hugging The Plantars tightly. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!"

Sprig smiled. It had been a while since he had seen Anne smile, and he missed it. Anne deserved to be happy. He just hoped that Marcy hadn't been corrupted by the power like Sasha had.

After saying goodbye to everyone in town, they headed out on their merry way to Newtopia. This would probably take a few days. And a few days in Amphibia meant more adventures!

...that don't matter that much. They met some truckers. A guy with a hook for a hand. Anne used her powers every single time. There were some actor bad guys. There was an evil wax museum.

Eventually? They made it to the great city...of Newtopia. Even from the outside of its watery surroundings? It was amazing to look at. The Plantars could practically taste the shininess, which some of them didn't even think was possible. Shiny wasn't a taste.

Anne smiled before she hummed. "Now we just gotta get down there."

"Guess we have to take the cart down- WHOA!" Hop Pop cried, clutching the cart tightly with Sprig and Polly doing the same. Bessie curled up into her shell, but was caught by Anne.

Anne, using a sudden super strength flew up with the cart and then flew back down, lightly landing into the water. "All done!"

The Plantars shook and shivered, as if the cold grip of DEATH had just touched their faces. Sprig nodded slowly. "G-G-Great, Anne."

Anne chuckled. "I sometimes impress myself with these powers."

The Plantars, after getting over what happened, hopped back down into the water. They started walking towards the large gate that would allow them to enter the city...until they heard a small rumble.

Anne, on instinct, grabbed her sword and hovered in the air. She looked around, her eyes and hair still glowing a bright blue.

Then? From holes across the water? GIANT and horrifying ants with glowing horns crawled out. They all had orange eyes, and didn't at all look nice. It seemed whenever a creature had orange eyes, they were bloodthirsty.