Chapter 14: Anne VS Sasha

Sasha growled before she gasped when she saw who had blocked the attack.

Anne, her golden and blue armor shining as her eyes and hair glowed blue. "S-Sasha...WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?"

"A-Anne..." Hop Pop breathed.

Anne whipped around to her. "Grab Sprig and Polly! NOW!!!" She cried, managing to push Sasha back.

Hop Pop didn't hesitate, rushing to find his grandchildren.

Anne clenched her sword before putting it in its scabbard. "...what are you doing, Sasha?!"

"Me?! What are YOU doing?!" Sasha exclaimed. "I was showing that frog whose the boss around here!"

"By trying to kill him!?" Anne shrieked. "NO! You never did this back home!"

"Maybe I don't WANT to go back home!" Sasha exclaimed, also sheathing her sword. "Maybe I want to stay here! Look at us, girl! I'm a QUEEN here! All that ever happened to me back home was my parents splitting up, getting made fun of and hated, and...just look at it here! Even you're more here than you were back home!"

"I...I..." Anne shrunk a little. Sasha wasn't wrong...she wasn't completely right. But she wasn't wrong either.

Sasha's glowing pink eyes softened. "You want a family? You have it! You're looking at it! Your old family just scolded you for being a troublemaker!"

Anne shrunk even more...before recalling a few of the 'scoldings' and why they even happened.

Marcy, Anne, and Sasha had snuck up on the roof one day. It was Sasha's idea to throw such a crazy party, skipping school...and instead of admitting her mistake when they were found? Someone else took the blame.

That someone was Anne.

Anne held her head high, suddenly feeling anger as she clutched her sword. "NO. YOU were the troublemaker! I-I'm done!!!"

"Done?! With what?!"

"I'm done being easy on you, Sasha! You think I WANTED to do graffiti? You think I WANTED to break the arcade machines for coins? You think I WANTED to give you my shoes that my dad had spent 50 bucks trying to get for me?! You think I WANTED to steal that...that DAMN music box?! NO! YOU STOLE THAT BOX, AND DIDN'T LISTEN TO ME!"

Sasha clutched her sword again, watching Anne take out hers again.

"YOU THINK I WANTED TO COME HERE?!?! ON MY BIRTHDAY AND LOSE THE ONLY FRIENDS I EVER HAD FOR MONTHS?!?!?!" Anne screamed. "I LOVE The Plantars, but I would at least want a way to GO BACK HOME! YOU MADE ME RUN AWAY ON MY DAMN BIRTHDAY!!!!"

"ANNE, STOP YELLING AT ME!!!" Sasha shrieked, taking out her sword.

"NO!!! YOU NEED TO HEAR THIS!!!" Anne snarled, her eyes glowing brighter. "YOU...YOU'RE MAKING IT THE WORST THING IN THE WORLD TO BE YOUR FRIEND!!!"

"...S-SHUT UP..." Sasha whispered, tears spilling from her eyes.

"I'M NOT YOUR PUPPET!!!" Anne screamed at the top of her lungs, alerting other Toads...including Grime.

"Sasha?!" Grime cried, but neither of the girls heard him.

"I'M NOT IN YOUR CONTROL!!!" Anne finally boomed, the whole room going entirely silent.

Sasha was dead silent, a blank face as her hair and eyes burned the pink color...she then screamed as she lunged at Anne, swinging her sword.

Anger consumed the two of them, and Anne swung her own sword against Sasha's. They both screamed at each other before beginning to rapidly clash and slash at each other, the swords hitting each other as sparks flew.